Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 2 houses to plumb........and some work to do on one with PEX....school me on PEX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a PEX tool with 4 size dies, bags of all size rings, and a couple rolls of line. Guess I'm committed now.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

STINEY, the one school I was talking about was built in 1960. I've used the copper Shark bite valves. They work fine. They can be used on hot water heating systems but not steam. The one thing I don't like is that they don't make a ridged connection, they wobble a little bit. You'd have to add some sort of support close to the fitting. I don't know plumbing codes but I suspect there is a section on them.

I think you're doing right with the Pex, I'd use it.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

30 yrs plumbing exp here. depending on your water copper can outlast you . I just replaced a poorly installed copper line which was 25 yrs old. the box the coil of copper came in said it has a 50 yr warranty. you can have press. issues with pex do to the smaller inner diameter. poorly installed pex will leak same as copper. I have fixed plenty of poly lines that leaked do to abrasion against a beam or block wall. poly pipe is still installed here with copper fittings not the nylon fittings which is what caused the lawsuits
        sharkbites will cost a small fortune to do a house .I would yse copper and paint it black or galv as soon as its installed. tricks a lot of crackheads

Comment

Working...
        X