Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Coast BangShifters: What Kind Of BangShift Get Together Would You Like To See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast BangShifters: What Kind Of BangShift Get Together Would You Like To See?

After hanging out with a couple of the guys this weekend at Donut Derelicts, it got me thinking that we should have a west coast get together of some kind. What would you guys want to do? Something simple like a cruise night we all crash, or Donut Derelects? Or a trip to Irwindale or Barona for the drags? Or how about a movie night at a drive in? Maybe even get a cool car movie playing just for us. What about a cruise of some kind. Maybe just one day or an overnight thing.

Just some ideas, what do you think?

Give me your ideas and thoughts. Concentrate my people, you can do it. I feel the heat coming from your brains already.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

November 2-3 is test and tune weekend at Famoso.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

What ever you come up with, if it's not conflicting with anything else already planned, I'll be there!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hot Rod Reunion is October 18-20 at Famoso, but I guess you would have to work the whole time, right?

October 12-13 is open track at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Then there is always the huge selection of car shows on any given weekend, but I think the folks from this sight would be more action oriented.

How about using some of your great contacts to get us a tour of someplace really good? Maybe some kind of private collection tour or the Peterson basement or something?
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	banner_OCCALaborDay13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	871588

http://www.occa-inc.com/ Of course I'm a bit biased because it's half a mile from home for me.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I had two immediate ideas.

1. Met up in the morning someplace then cruise together to a park or just take a scenic drive. Then have a bbq at the park or at someone's house in the afternoon.

2. Invade a test n tune at a track. Irwindale has saturday t n t's pretty regular last I checked. An autocross might be fun too. If someone doesnt have a car to run for whatever reason, they can still help out being unofficial crew members and fan club as a way to be more involved than just a spectator.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]23627[/ATTACH]

http://www.occa-inc.com/ Of course I'm a bit biased because it's half a mile from home for me.
              Get your Montego out of moth balls and run it.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well the first all time bangshift get together and the only west coast bangshift event was at my place here in big bear back around hmmm, 2008? That invitation would be open again if anyone wants to come up to big bear, I have lots of room.

The western scenic tour starts sept. 22 and lasts for a week so hopefully no conflict with that.
                Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Been to One ------IN JERSEY
                  Good Times

Comment

I think it would be cool to drive somewhere then drags or autocross, then hang out for beers & bs. How about Eagle Field in October, or Midnight Mayhem in Vegas? Test and tune at Famoso or Barona or Irwindale would be cool. Or maybe just see if Groucho would let us crash Bourbon Thursday one week.

Comment

Crap........I might try to find me a cheap airline ticket for this one.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Get your Montego out of moth balls and run it.
                        I'll at least get the blue one running again. The tan one needs the trans gone through.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

405 to 605......

how about Donut Derelects in the morning, then a trip to Irwindale in the afternoon....

RickSSR

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                            Well the first all time bangshift get together and the only west coast bangshift event was at my place here in big bear back around hmmm, 2008? That invitation would be open again if anyone wants to come up to big bear, I have lots of room.

The western scenic tour starts sept. 22 and lasts for a week so hopefully no conflict with that.

i'm just down the hill from at the bottom of Waterman canyon and a get together up in the mtns would be a very cool idea
                            "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Adams Motorsports park is in Riverside... A 3/4 mile road course BS style could be fun...Or just a Donut derelicts hook up... I missed the first one.
                              BKB
                              www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                              Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                              X