No announcement yet.

Grandpa should not drive any longer ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa should not drive any longer ..

sigpic

can I get my 2:49 back..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
      can I get my 2:49 back..

Like your were going to be productive with it anyway .
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
        haha, $#^#$^$#^#$ , in two days I get 3 test and maybe straight under the knife.
        laugh it, up big boy.. you're so funny.

Comment

In 2006, I went for the last ride with an 89 year old man.
          I was in the yard fixing my tin can, I noticed he followed suit.. one of those 80s buick centuries. (I knew he was quite old then)
          He asked me to go for a ride to the dump with him.
          I can see why they limit when to stop driver to age, they just simply slow reflexes, while car is still a weapon.

I put it into perspective sometime later, he said he was driving since he was 13...that means he was driving the first cars known. This place in his status did not just get a new one. I bet he was quite knowledgable when in good health. Work on all you own stuff for 75 years...in maine, always breaking.

that means wooden wheel cars. Real life of a person, really drove one..or more.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Anyone know where that was filmed? I want to open a clutch shop there.

Dan

Comment

Coincidentally my Dad voluntarily gave up his license a week or so ago - at 82 with Parkinson's he realized his safe time behind the wheel was over and he did so before doing any damage to anyone or anything, I'm proud of him for that, but it still makes me sad.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Coincidentally my Dad voluntarily gave up his license a week or so ago - at 82 with Parkinson's he realized his safe time behind the wheel was over and he did so before doing any damage to anyone or anything, I'm proud of him for that, but it still makes me sad.
                That was brave and wise of your Dad - good for him. It IS sad though. About the time Mom needed to stop me and my brothers were taking care of her so we just sort of slid behind the wheel. I'm at an age where I have to consider that I'll need to take myself out of the driving pool - NOT YET but someday. Wonder how I'll handle THAT!!??

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; July 30, 2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post

Mark - humor, sense of.... tell your doctor to give yours back to you or you'll sue him for malpractice
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

my wife's dad gave his up.... then he didn't. sigh.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My dad had that too. He quite driving reluctantly. He scared me for a while even though he,d drive only a few blocks locally on back roads. The biggest scare I ever had was when I was working on their roof. I was doing or checking something on the dormer roof of their cape cod house when all of a sudden I saw dad standing on the roof about 3 feet from the edge. Holy shit! He had climbed about 20 feet up the extension ladder. Now to get him back down.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I do most of my dad's driving for him now - he's 83... 81 was a rough year, he crashed several things. Damn lucky not to have multiple DUI's... I had that in mind when I retired, partially so I could keep a closer eye on him. He drives to the store still, he's safe enough when he's not drinking. I think he can't see for shit any more though. I'm gonna have to move him closer which will either be good or I'll end up moving again. lol.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My Grandad was the king of mowing down his neighbor's mailboxes..... good thing he only had a few neighbors. haha
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Granda needs an automatic. Guy reminds me of one of my old neighbors, Mr Quinn when I was a kid in the early 60's. He had a 58 4dr aqua Bel Air, 6 cyl and 3 on the tree. Our street was flat as well as his driveway but he would do the exact same thing trying to get up the apron. He's even roll back on that tiny incline.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I can smell the clutch burning from here.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Working...
                              X