No announcement yet.

Magic bolt box vs. Why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a REAL nut and bolt store here in town (Cole Fasteners) that will sell you 1 or 2 of something (Fastenal sells by the box). It's a great resource to have and they had most of the long Metrics I needed for my scattershield attachment bolts. I looked for a long time when we moved here to find them.

That said, sometimes I have to order REALLY weird stuff like 10mm 1.50 x 120mm socket heads that I needed for the upper mounting bolts. The Internet came thru for those.

Dan

Comment

I'm not sure there's anything mcmaster carr doesn't have.

Dan - did you ever use Acme nut and bolt on oakwood in detroit? They're close to work and are amazingly well stocked - G5, G8, black oxide, stainless, etc, just about anything you can think of that's not super specific, like rod bolts. I get stainless threaded rod and stainless wing nuts from them for DIY carb air cleaner studs. Their prices on stainless is a fraction of what the marine stores charge.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

i have a bunch of ice creme buckets of sorted bolts and stuff, and plastic containers and tool boxs and........
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          I'm not sure there's anything mcmaster carr doesn't have.

Dan - did you ever use Acme nut and bolt on oakwood in detroit? They're close to work and are amazingly well stocked - G5, G8, black oxide, stainless, etc, just about anything you can think of that's not super specific, like rod bolts. I get stainless threaded rod and stainless wing nuts from them for DIY carb air cleaner studs. Their prices on stainless is a fraction of what the marine stores charge.
          I didn't get down that way too often so I haven't been there. Don't they deal quite a bit with a certain coyote? But seriously - we had a REALLY good hardware (Stadium Hardware) in Ann Arbor that stocked pretty much all of what I needed. Sometimes I'd order from McMaster or Grainger.

Dan

Comment

as badly organized as that is, there are some sizes I stock in box quantity. The "magic box" would take a winter to go through, ain't happening.
            Last edited by Beagle; August 2, 2013, 07:55 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
            X