No announcement yet.

Heaven help me, Road Trip with the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be staying in woodstock with some family. I onlyt have the one child, so bickering should be a minimum, but I am expecting a bunch of are we there yets along the way

Comment

if youre passing thru houston on your way back i could prolly find something for you and the family to check out
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I probably ought to look this up but I think Minden NE is about 35 miles off I-40 and well worth the trip. There's a museum called Pioneer Village (IIRC). All sorts of interesting stuff and there's enough to keep the womenfolk happy while you go thru the car barns. At one time it was the world's largest private collection of cars, most in as-found condition. VERY cool.

Dan

Comment

It's south of I-80 actually - http://pioneervillage.org/index.php?...d=30&Itemid=29

Chevyland USA - - http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/34265
          You have to know which exit to get off at and follow the frontage road - it's in the middle between two exits about 15 miles apart.

Scott L. you might want to catch either of these on a weekend off work - pretty close to Kearney.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

When we came back on I-40 there was an exit marked as being for Pioneer Village. But maybe it's a long way to Minden? When we've been there we did come off of I-80, though.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Carlsbad caverns NM is pretty interesting - if you can time it right to arrive in the evening you can hang out and wait for the thunderous exit of what seems like 10 million bats that come out every night at dusk.
              Daughter Tricia and I hiked down in there last year. AMAZING! Bats migrate though and were not there in May when we were...

This sounds like such a fun trip!
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
              X