No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Here a Landlord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you are gaining a renter, you are gaining a victim that does not have a mortgage.

enough with the leet land god of all godly land owning of your worshipped god status building.

I have paid in enough rent in less than 20 to buy 2 of your precious buildings. <- I am a tenant that looks a landlord in the eye too. Look away first bitch. Look away.

How is that?
    plenty friendly enough.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 5, 2013, 08:46 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

what is this mortgage thing you guys speak of?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Pdub... In your work enviroment, you laid off people, and did not like it.. Can you evict people (same thing?) knowing the house is getting trashed after notification...
        Just food for pondering..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Pdub... In your work enviroment, you laid off people, and did not like it.. Can you evict people (same thing?) knowing the house is getting trashed after notification...
          Just food for pondering..
          And a good question DB. I sure don't know. I've never been there. Just plain never have, so I don't know.

I went to bed at 8 yesterday evening and woke up this morning with a whole new head on. Two days of self-imposed situational angst can't be good. If there's something that stressful about it, the whole concept is off the table. I had Unit and me snapping at each other over it, and we don't do that. She said it best, "We don't NEED that other house," as in to need it to live in.

I sure do thank all of you guys for all the feedback, and while that's data, the bigger thing is my gut. Don't do it, not any of it.

We both agree we'd love to have that other house, wow that would be a good reward at the end of a working career, but the stickler is what to do with this one. In the end, neither of us want to be landlords, and we can't sell this one without a tremendous loss over the Zillow estimate (they don't know about the foundation).

The house for sale shows no sign of sinking, it's built on top of the natural hill. Its foundation is a good 5 or 6 feet higher up on earth than ours.As they came down the hill, they had to cut each lot more and more to establish a level spot, like stair steps. The guy who came and engineered the jack-it-up bid said he felt sure that was the problem on Day One.

So....my head doesn't hurt anymore. Not today.
          Last edited by pdub; August 5, 2013, 01:31 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            what is this mortgage thing you guys speak of?
            Yep no mortgage here.......house has been paid in full
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

We just paid ours off. DAMN that feels good!

Dan

Comment

I'll pay off mine if I win the 400 mill on powerball tues

Comment

we got 2.75 for 15years on the new place - we'll have it paid off before our son Starts college - that will be a great feeling.
                  Some of the rentals are paid off, some not. Got to pay to play.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yup, paid off years ago here too.

Comment

Paid off a 30 year loan in 23.. Got bad credit ! Said I was behind...

Comment

Working...
                      X