Local Rat Rod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local Rat Rod...

i like it the motorcycle gas tank/scoop i would change but it is a cool truck
    change the wheels and it is way traditional
    yes the headers are not my taste the liscens frame etc but it is not my truck but i like it and back when the whole hot rod movement got started did they not bolt the bigest engine they had in and go so who cars it has 1 holey on it etc...with all the parts out there i like to see when people think outside the catolog and build with some thought and scrap they have to have fun
    as stated i like it cool lil truck
    if it were mine i would change things but thats how it goes ya get a car bike truck etc... ya make it yours
    and oh ya joes66 show me a c 10 that will run straight 200mph and turn and i will show u a truck thats not a truck but a race car hiding under a truck shell trust me i own fast trucks lol

Comment

and .... NOT A LAWN CHAIR IN SIGHT !!

Comment

At least it's not built out of scraps of old lumber.

There are things I'd change, but it's okay the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
          The only thing I see that is in really bad taste are some of the comments in this thread. GMAFB, Violation game :, the guy didn't ask to get his car's picture taken and posted on a board so a bunch of guys can dogpile on his machine.
          -dulcich

Oh shut up Dulcich. You are just trying to stir the pot. I know you, and you are always up for a round of the Violation Game. I like the truck, but I would change most of the things DF saw. Not all of them though.

My biggest question is...Where is this supposed A/C? I don't see it in any pictures. The one with the A/C caption is of the chrome alternator. WHICH IS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a violation. Powder coat it or leave it alone.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

He's actually got a point. This is always a good way to hurt people's feelings. At the same time, I always hated the comments that magazine readers would give us saying, "you have no right to judge anyone's car" when, in fact, we made a living by doing exactly that. Did any reader ever tell Heffner that he had no right to judge a girl's body?

So who's up for an official Violation Game thread? That way you can volunteer your car and everyone else can judge it. Thick skin required!

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
              Originally posted by dulcich
              The only thing I see that is in really bad taste are some of the comments in this thread. GMAFB, Violation game :, the guy didn't ask to get his car's picture taken and posted on a board so a bunch of guys can dogpile on his machine.
              -dulcich

Oh shut up Dulcich. You are just trying to stir the pot. I know you, and you are always up for a round of the Violation Game. I like the truck, but I would change most of the things DF saw. Not all of them though.

My biggest question is...Where is this supposed A/C? I don't see it in any pictures. The one with the A/C caption is of the chrome alternator. WHICH IS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a violation. Powder coat it or leave it alone.
              Uh, Chad....the A/C that being referred to is the windshield that pops/cranks out at the bottom......"factory air".......*I can hear the dirty jokes already....they're starting in my OWN head*

Well, David...... if ya wanna grab the pics off of the Project Cars thread, you can have at it with my Camaro to start with....I've seen worse, and I'll most likely agree with some of it.

Consider the gauntlet thrown down....more like dropped from laughing too hard to hold onto it.....LMAO

Comment

Go ahead with the Violation Game. Hell, I'll even subject my car to scrutiny. I have thick skin and I frankly don't give a rat's ass what anybody else thinks about it, but I would be interested in hearing what things make others itch.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

True Story: About ten years ago I was at the Mopar Nats with Mopar Muscle Magazine, got the great idea about doing a story on Mopar mistakes, (hadn't heard of the violations game then). Made a list of things to shoot that I could ridicule, with one of the things on the list being the "twin hood scoop", like a factory scooped hood with an aftermarket scoop added. Ha, saw a Road Runner with the factory Air-Grabber hood with a ProStock hood added to the middle... a perfect victim. Aim the camera from the golf cart, and the guy sees me and recognizes me as the guy from Mopar Muscle. Gets out of the car and comes over to tell me all about his car and how much he loves reading the tech in the mag. At that point I realized that I was just a dick-head in a golf cart and this guy was having fun enjoying his Mopar. Peeled the Velvia slide roll I shot out of the camera and took it as a lesson learned.
                  -dulcich

Comment

The muskrats violated that poor girl more than we ever could, bub.....seeing that one do a slow roll and scoot in -15 degree weather still makes me laugh.

And shiver..........

Comment

I normally don't like rat rods and this ones not going to change my mind . But the quaity of work looks good . I'd put some fenners on it and paint it shiney . I like the aged gasser/altered look ( fiat/willys/crosley/ anglia ) .......think I spelled the last one wrong but don't think spell check is going to help!

Comment

I like em alot, as long as they are done right and safe to drive on the street. I have seen some stuff that I wouldn't even drive and you can ask tiresmoke! if the Speedjunkee won't drive it, than it has to be a pile of sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
                          oh ya joes66 show me a c 10 that will run straight 200mph and turn and i will show u a truck thats not a truck but a race car hiding under a truck shell trust me i own fast trucks lol
                          Show me...I'll dig it....I like trucks, I like cars....Hide a race car under a truck...I am all about it...lets see it.... ;D

Comment

If it was mine I'd change the Wheels, grill hood scoop and the mesh bed. Since it's not, he can keep those parts.

Thats one of the things I like about car shows. You can look at other peoples stuff and think about how you would do it different.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
                              If it was mine I'd change the Wheels, grill hood scoop and the mesh bed. Since it's not, he can keep those parts.

Thats one of the things I like about car shows. You can look at other peoples stuff and think about how you would do it different.

I agree, I always try to make sure I use a certain amount of respect when "playin the violation game" with another dudes car, god knows mine is ripe for the picking...I am sure hes like we all are and very prod of his rig....

Comment

The violation game is hilarious when the subject isn't hearing it happen; or when it's not a public thing. I'm glad I never built a project car, I'll stick with tuning everyone else's so my junk doesn't get blasted in public! (although I have observed DF and Chad and Keith playing the violation game, and no I don't understand 90% of what they're talking about BUT it's absolutely hilarious and entertaining just to hear)

And I'd drive that truck all over Omaha, I should go meet the guy.
                                -scott
                                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                                X