Local Rat Rod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local Rat Rod...

We should rename the "violation game" to the what would you do differently if it was yours game"...a bit long I guess...Doenst have the same ring either.....eh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
      Did any reader ever tell Heffner that he had no right to judge a girl's body?
      No, but I'll volunteer to be the first. Of course, the subject matter must be viewed personally in order to objectively disagree with Heffy....

;)
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I believe we can all give DF some respect he gave HR the F-Bomb to review with a handfull of other cars, so I guess you could say he played the violation game in public and on print.

Comment

Originally posted by cal67ss396
          I believe we can all give DF some respect he gave HR the F-Bomb to review with a handfull of other cars, so I guess you could say he played the violation game in public and on print.
          remember, the violation game is a game of perspective. I guess I played my own "violation game" when I checked out the F-bomb in person the first time.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

why would you pick someones ride apart? is it because you wish you had it (quit possibly).

everyone has their own idea of what they want their car too look like. personally i dig the truck and i would drive the piss out of it just how it is.

i understand the violation game very much but wouldn't the violation game apply more to the lawn chair crowd versus the guy who is trying to build a car that is unlike every other car out there.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
              The only thing I see that is in really bad taste are some of the comments in this thread. GMAFB, Violation game :, the guy didn't ask to get his car's picture taken and posted on a board so a bunch of guys can dogpile on his machine.
              -dulcich
              Agreed.

These are pics of a guy's car that he allowed 1320Video to enter his yard and take. Gotta wonder if he considered what might happen with 'em. Maybe he wouldn't care, maybe he would but.....

Comment

Umm... are we reading the same thread? A rat rod, by definition, is one giant heap of a violation. Even the term "rat rod" means something that is "ratty" or "clapped out." If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Do you really think that someone would build a car in a style that is based on being shabby/unfinished/clapped-out and actually get offended if you teased them about some quirks?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Slow
                  Umm... are we reading the same thread? A rat rod, by definition, is one giant heap of a violation. Even the term "rat rod" means something that is "ratty" or "clapped out." If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Do you really think that someone would build a car in a style that is based on being shabby/unfinished/clapped-out and actually get offended if you teased them about some quirks?
                  but what is it in violation of?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    or a pontiac V8 or a W motor
                    there was an nsra guy who had a 6:71 455 in a deuce
                    what no early hemi, 331/354/392 ?
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

old hemis are ....OLD
                      ok if you are a mopar guy

Comment

Can I play the violation game even if I don't have anything to submit for violation?
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway

i understand the violation game very much but wouldn't the violation game apply more to the lawn chair crowd versus the guy who is trying to build a car that is unlike every other car out there.
                          that's what I don't get. I understand how someone may say he'd do this or that differently, and that's fine, we all do that. But whatever happened to Dare To Be Different?
                          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

There's Dare to be Different, Dare to be Tacky, and Dare to be Tasteless.

Comment

and there is "dare to do whatever anyone else is doing and dont stand out"

being different and a little tasteless or tacky come be a good thing (sometimes)

what is tasteless and tacky?

Comment

Working...
                              X