No announcement yet.

Dragracing is back in Holland! Pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragracing is back in Holland! Pics...

After a 1.5 year 'pause' caused by a track cleanup by an overeager city-mayor which totally ruined the tracksurface of the airstrip for serious dragracing, last weekend we finally had our 1st dragrace-event again here in The Netherlands.
    We got a totally new finegrain asfalt, and a longer and slightly wider tracksurface.

Here are a load of pics of the cars in various classes;
    - StreetMachines
    - SuperStreet
    - SuperGas
    - StreetMachines
    - JuniorDragster / CompElim / SuperPro ET / ProMod

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Re: Dragracing is back in Holland! Pics...

Great pics BBM, thanks for sharing. How much is race gas over there?
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Glad to see you guy'z got your Track back,I heard rumers the locals were about to start rioting by burning Windmills,hurling wooden Clogs at the Police,ect :o ;D. I like the pics. I like:--The White '68 Nova(got a 'few' myself ;D....)& the big Red New-Yorker :o ;D. That's(one of...)my Brother's Buick GS's,and I like that awful '78 Malibu Wagon(with the Hubcaps...) :P :D. What a shame you 'an the Red New-Yorker didin't square up ;)! ~OO6.

Comment

Great pics. 8)
        At least Holland can claim a "level playing field". ;D

Will you be getting Germans, Swedes and Brits to the strip ?

Comment

Nice that things have worked out then.Too many places havent got a strip,so they are more than welcome.

Comment

I think they frown on 'forenginers',Malc ;D. ~OO6.

Comment

Hope your enjoying your self, nice pics.

Comment

Orange,
                Race gas... 4.50 Euro a liter. That's $7 per liter or roughly $24.- a gallon... if my calculations are correct.
                (1 Gallon is 3.785 liters.)
                Euro/Dollar currency = €1 : $1.56
                Welcome in Europe. We'll ream you up a couple of sizes... ;)

Malc,
                Not much Swedes, but there are quite a few Belgiums, Germans and Brits coming over.
                Especially on our 2nd event in about 2 weeks, which is the "Internationals"-event.
                A lot of Brits come over and race in their own introduced Pro ET and SuperPro ET-class. Quite some serious action in that class.

Agent,
                Only the ones who 'leech' our country, but that's another issue alltogether. Not at all suitable for this forum. ;)
                About the windmills... I won't be stopping them... ;D
                The red NewYorker is an Imperial. I'm not sure if you can still call it 'racing' but his best ET was a 17.somethin' I recall. :D
                I plan to join the next Dragrace event and will put my Winged Monster on the strip.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Who do we talk to if CarJunkieTV wanted to come cover some racing across the pond? Street racing or at the track? We've been talking since looking at some great video online. Australia? Holland? Sweden? Where would you want us to go?
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Nice idea.

Comment

Blazerteam always has some awesome iron pictures.....and video of them getting pounded on at the track...

Would probably be a good start...

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I say hit the FIA drags at Hokkenheim.

1/4 mile drag races on the straight of the road course!!!

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The dragracing-scene is bigger in England and Sweden, since they have fulltime tracks.
                          I don't really want to talk down Hockenheim since I've never really been there, but a lot of my friends have been and they always say it's more of a Show-event to please the public than a real dragrace-event.
                          The track at Holland is just a small airstrip which has to be rebuild and torndown before and after every event. I think it's a bit more grassroots like Maxton probably is. Friendly bunch of people always ready to help eachother if for some reason you have a problem with your car perhaps. The pit-area is also open to wander around in for everyone.
                          The only downside is that we only have 3 events a year. But we do have 3 real race-days, friday/sat are qualifications, sunday is eliminations.

If CJTV would like to come over I could arrange some press-passes for you guys.
                          These are our remaining race-dates for 2008:
                          July 11-13 - "Drachten Internationals"
                          August 29-31 - "Drachten Finals"

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
                            Who do we talk to if CarJunkieTV wanted to come cover some racing across the pond? Street racing or at the track? We've been talking since looking at some great video online. Australia? Holland? Sweden? Where would you want us to go?
                            Great idea ;D.CJTV more than welcome over here 8).

There are a lot of us cars and meetings and racing here in scandinavia.And i have seen so much great cars and racing from the rest of europe and Australia that im not sure where to send CJTV.

The latest news stories and videos from the Goodwood Revival, celebrating vintage motor racing at an event like no other

Goodwood comes to mind...havent been there myself,but i think theres a good mix of european and american machinery ther to have a really good time ;D.

Streetracing in Sweden are big.A video from the inner circles there are more than welcome 8).

Power Big Meet in Vaesterås in Sweden are BIG..Between 10000 and 20000 american cars invades the City..People from all over Europe comes here..Big party...mostly cruisers there,50 and 60 fullsizers..3-5 July,so theres only days to get some tickets over the pond.But next year maybe?

Even from mexico they arrive.longest distance last year 8).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Heron hill climb.Havent been there,but feels CJTV should.

Old style drag racing in Østersund in sweden.

Or i can let CJTV drive my Chevelle around Arctic circle Raceway 15-17 August.Hopefully with 468Cbb and 4L80 trans ;D.

A little homage to the sharpest and fastest production truck in the world. This baby is really pounding the pavement.

The scenery well taken care of in this vid.

Comment

Working...
                            X