R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P.

We are saddened to report the passing of Joyce Smith, “Mrs. Speedway.” With her family at her side, she lost her courageous 34 month battle with cancer on Sunday. She is now in a better place, free of pain, and with her Savior in Heaven. ...

In 1952, fresh out of college and newlywed, Joyce Smith loaned her husband “Speedy Bill” the $300 he needed to start Speedway Motors. Throughout the years, Joyce’s outgoing and friendly nature served Speedway Customers well… “No one could sell hub caps, fender skirts and continental tire kits like Joyce,” “Speedy” Bill liked to say! Joyce was initially Speedway’s bookkeeper, parts runner and counter gal and always served as Financial Officer, Corporate Secretary and Treasurer. Joyce was a trailblazer, a tireless working mom who labored 60-plus hour weeks at Speedway while raising her four boys and still finding time to teach Sunday school. As a respected businesswoman, she was honored to serve and direct man...

Sam " The Gitter" Gellner passed away today. Funeral arrangements are still being planned, but as of now it will be at Ripepi Funeral Home in Middleburg Hts on Bagley Rd.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
      We are saddened to report the passing of Joyce Smith, “Mrs. Speedway.” With her family at her side, she lost her courageous 34 month battle with cancer on Sunday. She is now in a better place, free of pain, and with her Savior in Heaven. ...

In 1952, fresh out of college and newlywed, Joyce Smith loaned her husband “Speedy Bill” the $300 he needed to start Speedway Motors. Throughout the years, Joyce’s outgoing and friendly nature served Speedway Customers well… “No one could sell hub caps, fender skirts and continental tire kits like Joyce,” “Speedy” Bill liked to say! Joyce was initially Speedway’s bookkeeper, parts runner and counter gal and always served as Financial Officer, Corporate Secretary and Treasurer. Joyce was a trailblazer, a tireless working mom who labored 60-plus hour weeks at Speedway while raising her four boys and still finding time to teach Sunday school. As a respected businesswoman, she was honored to serve and direct man...
      You couldn't have said it better. R.I.P.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        You couldn't have said it better. R.I.P.
        I didn't.. copy/paste.

Comment

As we age this happens more and more to people we have known or looked up to. I'll wager Speedy Bill has a hole in his heart.

Peace to the family and friends of the departed.

Dan

Comment

our thoughts and prayers go out to their friends and family..
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

As my brother used to say, "may you be in heaven 10 minutes before the devil knows you're dead".

Comment

There's way too much of this going around. We lost Rhonda's brother this year, and three friends have lost parents recently.

Rest in Peace indeed.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                X