AJ Thomas' brush with greatness.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Thomas' brush with greatness.....

AJ was invited to the Sonoma Nationals to display his car for the Junior Drag Racing League..and make a pass right before the pro final on Sunday...it was on ESPN3 also.....

AJ and his buddies wandering the pits before the general public was let in....the man child and his 2 other buddies that are his age.....LOL

AJ with his woman Megan Doubleday...she also races...lives in Temecula and plays LaCrosse....the other end is Junior Comp driver Katie Downs and Junior Comp driver Chandler Meziere(Yes...THE Meziere ...LOL)

AJ's ride.... 7.9 seconds to cover 660' @ 85 MPH.... thats what NHRA limits us to...but we've been 7.52 @ 94 mph... thats 0 to 60 in less than 4 seconds....single piston motor...

AJ...Me...and pro driver Matt Hagan

AJ up for his run...Matt Hagan staging him in the beams....

NHRA Pro drivers... Matt Hagan(Funny Car) Spencer Massey(Top Fuel) Jason Line (Pro Stock) posing with AJ...

NHRA Funny Car driver Jack Beckman...

NHRA Top Fuel Champ Tony "The Sarge" Schumacher....
    Last edited by Chassisman; August 6, 2013, 11:46 AM.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Sounds like it was a good day!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      Sounds like it was a good day!
      GREAT DAY...AJ is now gonna be a parts washer under the wing of NTF tuner Pete Kaiser starting at the Hot Rod Reunion he'll be working on Denver Shutz front motored Nitro Car....gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Sweeeet! I agree. I hate washing parts, but even I wouldn't pass that up (and would probably enjoy it then!).
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

You are ALIVE! I asked some time ago where you disappeared to.. Now I know!
          Doing something with the kid! Cool as hell..
          Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            You are ALIVE! I asked some time ago where you disappeared to.. Now I know!
            Doing something with the kid! Cool as hell..
            Congrats!
            Bob...glad to hear I was missed.....business has been booming....and the Junior Drag Racing Tour as we call it has kept me burning up the highways... Las Vegas...Denver...Arizona... Calif... I've only been home 4 weekends since early April due to his racing schedule...but its been a blast.... he recently won 4 races in a row at Sacramento Raceway....is leading points at Sacramento...2nd at Barona in San Diego and is currently 2nd in points in Div7 series....It's been an exhausting dream chase....

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
              Bob...glad to hear I was missed.....business has been booming....and the Junior Drag Racing Tour as we call it has kept me burning up the highways... Las Vegas...Denver...Arizona... Calif... I've only been home 4 weekends since early April due to his racing schedule...but its been a blast.... he recently won 4 races in a row at Sacramento Raceway....is leading points at Sacramento...2nd at Barona in San Diego and is currently 2nd in points in Div7 series....It's been an exhausting dream chase....
              Like me, living thru the kid(s)....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Like me, living thru the kid(s)....
                Only have the kids for a blink of an eye in life.....and I sacrificed time with my 25yo daughter to build our business...won't do it with AJ.....he's my full focus for now...He'll be off to play football in college soon enough.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
                  Only have the kids for a blink of an eye in life.....and I sacrificed time with my 25yo daughter to build our business...won't do it with AJ.....he's my full focus for now...He'll be off to play football in college soon enough.....
                  Yep! Sure do grow up fast.

Comment

that is awesome, get into that young.. especially if it sticks for life.

My dad was like that about trucking, seems simple..until you are the corporation.
                    he jokes that I have 35 years in already...at 40.

Jumpy about career paths and sudden changes, they lessen if to start young.

that looks like a lot of fun with the racing.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                    X