Tony Stewart Breaks His Right Leg....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Stewart Breaks His Right Leg....

I didn't see this posted and I wasn't sure how many other people knew about it, but Smoke is done for a while.... No one know's for how long, but SHR has already named Max Papis to drive the #14 this weekend at The Glen.

Sad to say, but doesn't look like Tony will be making the Chase this year....

Tony Stewart's Chase hopes are over if the broken right leg he suffered in Monday night's Sprint car race at Southern Iowa Speedway takes the normal recovery time, a medical expert told ESPN.com.
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

ouch, a rod to be put in place.

age 42 is 42, tony stewart is going to learn that soon enough.

when do those guys like that with years step aside, stay as a leader.
    in races like forest rally, 39 is old.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 6, 2013, 02:04 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I wouldn't wish injury on anybody.

I haven't followed NASCAR in a few years by choice, but maybe on crutches Tony can't go violent and punch any photographers just trying to get a cover shot for him.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Marty Smith, one of my favorite reporters for ESPN that covers NASCAR had this to say about Tony and this tragic accident. He was simply asked, what his reaction was to the news that Chase Contender Tony Stewart broke his right leg in a Sprint Car?!

"This world needs more passion. Folks these days are generally apathetic. It's the easy way. Indifference is easy. It's easy to sit back and watch the world roll by. It's easy to say "What if?" It's easy to criticize the unwillingness to compromise. I get that. Because passion demands commitment. Passion demands effort and edge and unmitigated desire. It's not always popular. That's a great part of its beauty. Smoke bleeds passion for sprint car racing. It's in his soul. Hell, it is his soul. It is the reset button that cleanses his corporate collar blue. Yes, he has hundreds on his watch. Yes, he is the face of Fortune 500 companies. Yes, he has responsibilities most of us can't fathom. Why? Because he bleeds passion. That's why."

Let me say, that I couldn't agree with him more!! Simply put, we need more passion in this world!!
        Last edited by Bucky67; August 6, 2013, 02:16 PM.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
          Let me say, that I couldn't agree with him more!! Simply put, we need more passion in this world!!
          I DO agree - Tony's got passion alright, too much of it.

And he's got to be one of the best drivers in the world, a natural. So that covers for his ... uh outbursts I guess. It's okay to do that when you're that good. The sponsors don't seem to mind. Publicity is publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

but maybe on crutches Tony can't go violent and punch any photographers just trying to get a cover shot for him.
            Nah, it just extends his reach .
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I DO agree - Tony's got passion alright, too much of it.
              This is why he's in the record books and why you aren't.
              There is no such thing as too much passion.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                This is why he's in the record books and why you aren't.
                There is no such thing as too much passion.
                Pdub's in the record book! It counts! ...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Pdub's in the record book! It counts! ...
                  Huh?
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Huh?
                    In one class of the Ohio Mile.. Remember? He has the record..

Comment

In one class of the Ohio Mile.. Remember? He has the record..
                      Two. HAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang, that's fun to do.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        Two. HAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang, that's fun to do.
                        Yep! Records are yours until somebody beats them!

Stude's in denile um denial ... Or raging case of greenies?

Comment

Yep! Records are yours until somebody beats them!

Stude's in denile um denial ... Or raging case of greenies?
                          Nah, I won't go there. All I know is that's really unique to mash the gas down and hold it, not worrying about cops or hitting anything in the way....that's just pretty neat. Even in a 2012 Fusion - HAHahahahaah!!!!!!

Comment

he'll start the race, even if they have to bondo his whole lower leg to get him around the track for one lap

Comment

I am fully aware of P's records in RED. He did good, and I am jealous.

But don't compare a Hall of Famer with our own P.
                              No one is writing articles about P, or taking pictures of P in the Winners' Circle.
                              No one is wooing P with sponsorship money.
                              No one is clamoring for P to pose for pictures with your kids.

Mr. Stewart has had the passion for a long time, and it's brought him fame and fortune.
                              What's P got, besides a website and the adoration of a few folks who post here?

So, I say again - there is no such thing as too much passion.
                              Last edited by studemax; August 6, 2013, 04:54 PM.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X