For some odd reason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some odd reason...

... the promotors at Maple Grove have decided to host a bull run at the track next year. As in, a Spanish style bull run with people on foot running away from male bovines. Guess they'll try anything to lure fans to the stands...

Has your local track done off the wall stuff like this to generate interest?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Who will operate the pooper scooper?
    One fairgrounds ths year is offering mower derby... Demolition style.. In the rules it says shin guards recomended..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Who will operate the pooper scooper?
      One fairgrounds ths year is offering mower derby... Demolition style.. In the rules it says shin guards recomended..
      Oh yeah, those will help!
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Oh yeah, those will help!
        I asked if the mower decks had to be removed or disabled, and got called a wimp....

Comment

Heard on the news today they're doing this in several cities.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

You Guys aren't looking at the bright side, it saves you the Airfare and other expenses of going to Spain plus when the Bull Gores you will be Hospitalized locally and your Family won't have to spend the money to fly to Spain to be with you, there now doesn't that sound better?
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              You Guys aren't looking at the bright side, it saves you the Airfare and other expenses of going to Spain plus when the Bull Gores you will be Hospitalized locally and your Family won't have to spend the money to fly to Spain to be with you, there now doesn't that sound better?
              Well when you put it that way, makes total sense! Sign me up!
              Last edited by VTJUNK; August 8, 2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

when I was a teenager, I worked on a ranch - any more, a hamburger is revenge for the stuff I had to put up with those walking bbqs
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  when I was a teenager, I worked on a ranch - any more, a hamburger is revenge for the stuff I had to put up with those walking bbqs
                  Darn right! City folk have NO IDEA!
                  They think it's all fun and games!

Comment

I think I would sign up to run with the bulls, I certainly did my share of that on the farm and think I could avoid unreasonable injury... trying to figure out why they are doing it at a drag strip and not down Penn Street in Reading.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

That storyline is nearly amazing. That's the most amazing thing I've heard of this week.

I've always thought that running with the bulls (and bull riding for that matter) is a pretty even contest, intellectually. A dead heat when the green flag drops. Whoever wants to do it is wanting out of the gene pool anyhow.

Let's position the PETA folks with their signs right in front of the bulls. That'll give everybody else a better chance to go home safe.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I got fawked by ONE DAMN young bull.. Nevermind a hoarde of them.. Pump 12 guage fulla lead slugs! No sheit!
                        Boom flop, cow be dead!

Comment

Say no to running with bulls!! I couldn't glance at the screen for a second when I tried to watch this yesterday:
                          Seriously NSFW

sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                          X