Best car movie???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best car movie???

I think my favorite is "Two lane blacktop" , I dunno there is just something about a chalky primered 55 with sliding plexi glass windows ,pin on fiberglass trunk lid, tilt front end bbc with a tunnel ram and two holleys with no air cleaners poking up into the mailbox scoop..... not to mention driving cross country listening to nothing but the rock crusher whining away looking for street race's all the while carrying your slicks/spare parts/ jack where the back seat once was. man o man the good ol days eh.

Second to that would be probably " Fast company" just because it was filmed here in my home town and one of my buddies actually has the body from the dragster they blew up hanging up in his garage.

Whats your favorite car movie and why?

Re: Best car movie???

Aloha Bobby and Rose.

Mostly because nobody else will pick it... and it represented my era of street car best.... Love the van flares and all...

Big Red should have made a Movie!!!

K

Comment

Comment

"Hollywood Knights" Why? NEWBOMB TURKK ;D ;D

Comment

I cant remember the name of it but Steve Mcqueen was driving a Mustang in it if I remember correct. Was it named Bullet?
          Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Two lane Blacktop and Aloha Bobby and Rose.

Here have a look>
            Brotherhood of Sreet Racers Music Video-Two 70's film clips from 2Lane Blacktop featuring Original Brotherhood members and Aloha Bobby and Rose featuring the...

Comment

East bound and Down

Comment

Yep, loved Steve McQueen. The car chase in Bullet is still fun to watch. (Yea, I know it has its faults. How many time can that Charger loose its hubcaps?) I also still love to watch American Graffiti. Each time I watch it I see another car I hadn't noticed before. I love the Merc!

Comment

Vanishing Point

Comment

American graffiti ;D

Comment

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Comment

I've gotta get down to the video store and get some of those 70s car movies. never did get the theater much back then.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i own all of the ones posted escept for dirty mary/crazy larry... and aloha bobby and rose..... gotta see if i can pick those two up.

Comment

Here is a site you can find stuff everyone else has forgotton:

American Nitro (1979) - Classic drag racing flick is a must for all racing fans.

Hot Rod (1979) - Another great Robert Culp TV-movie, this time he owns the town and doesn't want the 'new kid in town' to win the big drag race. Excellent TV-movie, filmed beautifully, lots of action, good music, drama and great cars.

White Line Fever (1975) - Jan Michael-Vincent in this classic about truckers who aren't going to be pushed around by the system any longer! The gorgeous Kay Lenz stars as his wife, and of course The Blue Mule as his truck. Made during the peak of the "trucking" craze of the 70's, this movie made many a young boy want to be a trucker when it found a huge cult audience on cable TV in the late 70's.

Comment

I didn't see anyone mention the Original "Gone in 60 Seconds", it has a 20 something minute car chase!
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X