I'm Not Going Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Not Going Out There

So I burned a half day off today - whoo-hoo! Thinking it's Friday, and I'll crank up the pressure washer and go after the sidewalk and the driveway with the epic attachment that cleans flat surfaces in a hurry. That's what I thought.

Uh, naw. Nope. It's beer time in the air conditioning, as inspired as I was to begin with. Went outside to retrieve the mail,... no. Rich folks pay to sit in air like that (a sauna).

Here's the Weeville fencepost weather station readout - I think the air temp as indicated is a few degrees high. Even though it's cloudy, the sun hits the station, so it's high by a few degrees, but I don't doubt the humidity. Note the heat index....

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	880592
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Pfffft....wuss.

Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Tucson, AZ with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

It's a dry heat Joe. You guys are the pansies. Come on over here breathe and feel this.

Comment

Bah! that dry heat stuff is crap. When its 100 degrees for 30 or 40 straight days then the humidity creeps to 20 to 30% you may as well be in south Georgia...its just a miserable. The thing that sucks here is that there is no relief, it doesnt cool off at night...I've got up at 3am and it has been 101 degrees.

On the upside it has been a coold summer so far. In the high 90s low 100's....last summer was awful...may days of 110 or more...

I like the humidity myself...big fan of it...I will take a humid day over this dry ass air any day of the week....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          It's a dry heat Joe. You guys are the pansies. Come on over here breathe and feel this.

I hear ya pee wee.
          stroke weather.
          like a catalyst..heat beyond numbers.

explains the rain we are getting here, a big pile.. a lot of heat picked it up to be dumping here.
          in fact, hurricanes passing through hang about this long...

the sun cycle stuff, I hope this house falls down...and bangor slides into the penobscot.

of course the people are retarded and would try to make a tourist attraction out of it. Venice west, something silly.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 9, 2013, 01:18 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            I like the humidity myself...big fan of it...I will take a humid day over this dry ass air any day of the week....
            You're a warped individual Joe. And that's a good thing. If you like humidity times temperature, well, you're the only one. Somebody in the world has to like it, and you're the one. I'm glad we know who that one person is.

Comment

joe is an an extreme..
              maine is the peltier other end.

cool site, fairly accurate.

Official weather records set for the highest and lowest temperatures plus the hottest and coldest places in the world.

The thing with extremes, some states that are not at the record levels continuously record at much longer intervals.

that is the shame of statistics, but abrain can catch on.

the most modern coldest recorded spot in the country, 50 below in 2009, maine.
              all the records go way back like 4 decades otherwise...why does maine keep popping up as "almost" the coldest...over and over and over and over and over and over and over?
              ridiculous.

consistency has a rude right. I understand where joe is coming from.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 9, 2013, 01:50 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Gotta Agree with Joe on this one. This has been a cooler summer than normal. Think last summer is what killed my daily driver

Comment

It's August, what do you expect? I once swore during the midst of a -29* night in WI that I'd never complain about the heat again, and I'm sticking to it. Kinda like the way my shirt sticks to my body nowadays.
                  Last edited by Pumpkin; August 9, 2013, 03:01 PM.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

That's nothing...I went outside today too. Felt something like this:

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

The heat doesn't bother me,but my back is killing me today. At her urging,I broke down and took one of my wife's Tramadol pills.

This stuff is awesome. I did more in two hours than I've done in weeks.

I'm not a cold weather fan at all. It hasn't been very hot this Summer at all. Very unusual.
                      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

yep, sure sucks to be you all
                        I think it got up to 80 here
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Flew out to W. Virginia a couple years ago. Got off the plane, got a rental car and stepped out of the airport at 9pm. Bam, the heat and humidity hit me like a truck. Could hardly breath. Couldn't get to that rental car fast enough and get that AC blowing. Don't know how you guys can live in that
                          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman View Post
                            Flew out to W. Virginia a couple years ago. Got off the plane, got a rental car and stepped out of the airport at 9pm. Bam, the heat and humidity hit me like a truck. Could hardly breath. Couldn't get to that rental car fast enough and get that AC blowing. Don't know how you guys can live in that
                            We've learned to chew what we breathe.

80 is a normal humidity reading
                            Last edited by 68scott385; August 9, 2013, 05:03 PM.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Air conditioning. Beer. Windows - look out at it. That's coping with it. It works.
                              Last edited by pdub; August 9, 2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X