My Dog Likes Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dog Likes Bones

My dog Bubbles sure likes bones. Usually, after dinner I like to throw him a bone or two, and man does he like it. T-bone, chop, shank, and even chicken; doesn't matter, he loves 'em all. Last night I grilled a New York Strip. I know he smelled it and was eagerly waiting for his choice bone. Man, was he disappointed.
    -dulcich

He's got that "c'mon, enough of the bs, hand it over" look.

Comment

That's one cool looking dog. I know what we'd do at the store, no doubt - the way we are at Pets Rule Headquarters. We'd get two boneless ribeyes and then ring the butcher bell and order some kind of bone for the dog. Any kind of bone.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Living in the country, we often raised our own beef and had it processed at the local 'locker'. The butcher there knew who had dogs, and would place a bone in every package of meat, just for them. Thoughtful, and very good business too!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

When we moved into our house 14 yrs ago, our neighbors had a stray they had taken in. I started saving bones for him. The would let him out on his chain. He would just sit and bark at my door till I came out and threw him a frozen bone. Had a dozen or so in the freezer when they had to put him down..
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Living in the country, we often raised our own beef and had it processed at the local 'locker'. The butcher there knew who had dogs, and would place a bone in every package of meat, just for them. Thoughtful, and very good business too!

Wow, that is great. Got to take care of our four-legged friends.

P-dub, it is amazing how Bubbles can take even a sturdy bone and just crush it to bits with his powerful jaws, devouring it in a hurry. He's a powerful animal, but a very gentle pet. Not sure what he is, I snached him from a pack of wild dogs when he was just a tiny pup.
            -dulcich
            Last edited by dulcich; August 9, 2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
              Wow, that is great. Got to take care of our four-legged friends.

P-dub, it is amazing how Bubbles can take even a sturdy bone and just crush it to bits with his powerful jaws, devouring it in a hurry. He's a powerful animal, but a very gentle pet. Not sure what he is, I snached him from a pack of wild dogs when he was just a tiny pup.
              -dulcich
              From the photo - are his eyes different colors?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                From the photo - are his eyes different colors?
                Yeah, he has a blue eye and a brown one. Coat is mostly white except for the spots on his head/face. The other dark areas in the pic are because he was playing in the mud.
                -dulcich

Comment

That is just too cool.

For this month's newsletter at the paper mill, I've put out the call - send your pet photos. So far I've got Ken the Cat and one more cat and two dogs. I woulda thought folks were more proud of their pets than they are. There's bound to be more pets than that out there in about 500 people, you would think.

Pet people - that would sure be us at Weeville. All the way.

Comment

He's a great looking dog!

Comment

don't forget to save the pizza "bones" he'll love them too!!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Mine do too!
                        We are in the country and about once a month, I find what looks like a dinosaur bone in the basement.
                        I always have to hide them until trash day because our new rescue Great Dane and our old Lab mix tend to argue about ownership. (the lab usually wins).

I thought I had a pic of one of the dino (cow femur) bones but haven't found it yet
                        A.K.A. Brian
                        Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                          He's a great looking dog!
                          Thanks Ant; good natured dog too. I'll leave a little extra meat on my bone-in ribeye tonight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                            Mine do too!
                            We are in the country and about once a month, I find what looks like a dinosaur bone in the basement.
                            I always have to hide them until trash day because our new rescue Great Dane and our old Lab mix tend to argue about ownership. (the lab usually wins).

I thought I had a pic of one of the dino (cow femur) bones but haven't found it yet
                            Sure beats the imported from China dog "treats" Friend's big shepard nearly died from them; blood transfusion is the only reason that guy is still alive. You've gotta be careful about where the chow comes from these days, you never know what some greedy bastard corporation will try to bag as gravy train for your pooch.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                              Sure beats the imported from China dog "treats" Friend's big shepard nearly died from them; blood transfusion is the only reason that guy is still alive. You've gotta be careful about where the chow comes from these days, you never know what some greedy bastard corporation will try to bag as gravy train for your pooch.
                              soo true! My wife brings that china crap home and I throw it out. She always forgets to check.

Now that we have 3 dogs all over 100lbs we go through a lot of food-and treats.
                              Our local farm supply stocks a large breed variety just for us. The glucosamine has really helped our lab mix.
                              A.K.A. Brian
                              Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Working...
                              X