How about a CJTV Rat Rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a CJTV Rat Rod?

With DF's scavenging abilities, I would love to see what he could come up with. Here is a picture from this weekend that put the idea in my head.

Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Re: How about a CJTV Rat Rod?

start by scavenging warren johnson or larry morgan's dumpster
    the rat rod with 125 hp coal burner flat motor is dead

Comment

flat motor?

You'd best clean that monitor screen...dat be a Mouse in that thar pile'o tin.... ;D

It gets out of it's own way rather nicely, at that.

Comment

sorry , I was summing up the rat rod scene in general

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing that at all...As long as it was done to be fast and reasonably priced...

Could be really cool...

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

We have a couple candidates already. Time is our enemy right now. We have SOOOOO many projects and ideas in the works, that getting all of them done in a week just isn't realistic! Why is it you just can't wake up to the project you dreamt up a week ago? One other thing. Some people actually like shiny stuff, so we are going to be doing some "nicer" projects as well. Everything can't have patina even though that suites me just fine. The coming weeks will hopefully lead to us getting more shop time so that our projects can become reality that much quicker. FYI, we don't have shop monkeys that build the stuff for us. It's DF and I. Plus, we aren't farming out all the work to other shops. A. We can't afford it. B. We aren't hearing knocks on the door every hour from shops asking to help us build junk for free. C. Would you really want to see someone else build everything?

We do like rat rods. Wait till you see one that DF and I have had in our heads for the last year and a half. I was going to build it for DF at Spectre, but now it's an in house project. We can't wait to get started on it, and we are hoping to cruise it around this year. You'll love it...or hate it. Which is exactly what I like!
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
              start by scavenging warren johnson or larry morgan's dumpster
              the rat rod with 125 hp coal burner flat motor is dead
              Speak for yourself. I happen to like Flatheads and think they look good in 30's to 40's rods. If you ask me, they put way to many SBC's in them for my taste.

Comment

We seem pretty good at ratty street machines. How come that trend hasn't caught on? On the other hand, Chad was right the other day when he said, "We made beat up what it is today!"

Comment

Hush ;D

The billet/rat rod/trend whore crowd might catch on................they ruin all of the fun stuff.

I liken them to Toyota...they come in, run up the cost of everything, then leave us with the mess to clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
                    We have a couple candidates already. Time is our enemy right now. We have SOOOOO many projects and ideas in the works, that getting all of them done in a week just isn't realistic! Why is it you just can't wake up to the project you dreamt up a week ago? One other thing. Some people actually like shiny stuff, so we are going to be doing some "nicer" projects as well. Everything can't have patina even though that suites me just fine. The coming weeks will hopefully lead to us getting more shop time so that our projects can become reality that much quicker. FYI, we don't have shop monkeys that build the stuff for us. It's DF and I. Plus, we aren't farming out all the work to other shops. A. We can't afford it. B. We aren't hearing knocks on the door every hour from shops asking to help us build junk for free. C. Would you really want to see someone else build everything?

We do like rat rods. Wait till you see one that DF and I have had in our heads for the last year and a half. I was going to build it for DF at Spectre, but now it's an in house project. We can't wait to get started on it, and we are hoping to cruise it around this year. You'll love it...or hate it. Which is exactly what I like!

We want the Bee!! We want the Bee!! We want the Bee!! We want the Bee!!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Meh. The rat rod crowd has become just like the goth kids-rigid non-conformity.

Comment

it would be cool to see you guys do a rat rod. I am planning on building either a rat rod or a gasser next. Thought about making my 82 vette into a gasser since I hate it so much.................lol

Comment

An '82 Collector's Edition Corvette Gasser...the Bloomington Gold folks have either fainted or called for your head.....*falls out of chair, holding sides from laughter*

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
                            Meh. The rat rod crowd has become just like the goth kids-rigid non-conformity.
                            You always want to be a non-conformist in a manner that's acceptable to the other non-conformists.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                              An '82 Collector's Edition Corvette Gasser...the Bloomington Gold folks have either fainted or called for your head.....*falls out of chair, holding sides from laughter*
                              I got the straight axle Saturday to start with.................lol

Comment

Working...
                              X