Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I REALLY didn't need for this to follow me home.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I REALLY didn't need for this to follow me home.....

Over the years my Dad and I have had several of these things and loved them, so I always keep an eye out for them whenever I scan CL, eBay, or the local sites. This is one that has been professionally maintained for over 20 years by a very reputable 4X4 shop for the owner. Low mileage '78, recent MAF engine with the "powerpack" set up. I know they're not the typical vehicle things we show off on this site, but I know there are some 4x4 guys on here who might appreciate a clean FJ40. The 71 year old owner sold it because his kids and grandkids were arguing over who was going to get it when he died, he told them to split the money. LOL
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Forgot pic.
    Attached Files
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

thats cool!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I've had 7 of those - love 'em - and I'm doing the same thing, keeping my eyes open for the right deal.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I put a Chevy in one for a guy I know in Charleston. Not bad to work on once the heavy 6 is out of the way.

Comment

Nightshifter, that's some NV sunshine coming my way.

Thanks, Joe!

SBG, I think between my dad and I we are a little over that number. '78 was always my ideal year cause of the fine spline, 4.11, 3 point belts.

Thump, I know the SBC swap is common, but I like the 2F engines, they get the job done and they run forever. Plus I don't have to worry about it ever getting driven over 65 MPH.

Comment

Soooo.. it just followed you home then?
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Soooo.. it just followed you home then?

I was kind of dangling cash in front of it like a carrot, but yes, yes it did follow me home.

Comment

Great! We are among those that can appreciate a great 4X4! More pix and future plans please...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Nice deal.. Cash does indeed speak!
                    My 6 banger would not stay adjusted in the carb area.. And liked to eat valves..
                    With a 283 and a torquey cam.. (all done by 4500rpms ) it would idle up to a big rock, compress the tire a little and idle right over
                    I'd liketo try a 292 chevy built right.. But it is cheaper to build small blocks! Go figure....

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Great! We are among those that can appreciate a great 4X4! More pix and future plans please...

I'm hoping to get shipping lined out before I start my new medical procedures in Lubbock, if I can't get it finalized by Tuesday, I'm afraid I might be out of it for the next 4-5 weeks. The place that is doing the sale for the owner told me not to worry about it if that happened, but I would like to have it here.

I'd hoped to do the front shackle reversal and make it a 4" lift and let my daughter get used to it like that over the next year or two, and then do the spring over axles, which would make it a total of 8" or so, and then spend the money and put on 35s or maybe even 37s. The interior is definitely usable as is, and after taking care of the rear sill, the outside will get a good CLR scrub and then a cut and buff. About the only thing I can think it will need besides those things for now is one of the Cool Cruisers A/C kits. I lucked out and found the year and color I wanted, and I ended up coming in under what I had planned on paying for a starting off piece.

Comment

if it is a 6 ,,most stuff interchanges with the 250 chevrolet it was copied from

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          if it is a 6 ,,most stuff interchanges with the 250 chevrolet it was copied from
                          Heads, intakes exhausts, valves... I think..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Nice deal.. Cash does indeed speak!
                            My 6 banger would not stay adjusted in the carb area.. And liked to eat valves..
                            With a 283 and a torquey cam.. (all done by 4500rpms ) it would idle up to a big rock, compress the tire a little and idle right over
                            I'd liketo try a 292 chevy built right.. But it is cheaper to build small blocks! Go figure....
                            it's cheaper to build, has more power and gets better mpg

other than that, the straight 6 is awesome....

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                              I'm hoping to get shipping lined out before I start my new medical procedures in Lubbock, if I can't get it finalized by Tuesday, I'm afraid I might be out of it for the next 4-5 weeks. The place that is doing the sale for the owner told me not to worry about it if that happened, but I would like to have it here.

I'd hoped to do the front shackle reversal and make it a 4" lift and let my daughter get used to it like that over the next year or two, and then do the spring over axles, which would make it a total of 8" or so, and then spend the money and put on 35s or maybe even 37s. The interior is definitely usable as is, and after taking care of the rear sill, the outside will get a good CLR scrub and then a cut and buff. About the only thing I can think it will need besides those things for now is one of the Cool Cruisers A/C kits. I lucked out and found the year and color I wanted, and I ended up coming in under what I had planned on paying for a starting off piece.
                              shackle reversal and saginaw conversion are the best things (besides a SBC) that can happen to a FJ 40.

I've had 7, eventually, I'll have number 8... I keep looking

Comment

Working...
                              X