BS'ers on the salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS'ers on the salt

Saw a raft of BS dudes on the salt during my time there this week. Jim, Randal, Scott Clark, Rebel Scott (I saw you drive by!), Doug Garrison, Dan Stokes, some dudes from Sweden that were cool, Nick Leone, and probably several more that I am forgetting.

I'll blather more about this on the front page, but damn it Speed Week is boss.

It was most excellent to see everyone there and it is a humbling deal to have a couple guys from Sweden come up and tell ya how much they dig the site. Also cool to revel in the combined brainpower and creativity that Bonneville highlights. It truly is the BEST of the gearhead realm brought to the fore.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

sunburn

Comment

Damn those dudes from Sweden took a mighty trek to get there.

Great coverage on the event.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

sunscreen.

even though this was my first speedweek with no record, it was still the best week of my year so far.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          Saw a raft of BS dudes on the salt during my time there this week. Jim, Randal, Scott Clark, Rebel Scott (I saw you drive by!), Doug Garrison, Dan Stokes, some dudes from Sweden that were cool, Nick Leone, and probably several more that I am forgetting.

I'll blather more about this on the front page, but damn it Speed Week is boss.

It was most excellent to see everyone there and it is a humbling deal to have a couple guys from Sweden come up and tell ya how much they dig the site. Also cool to revel in the combined brainpower and creativity that Bonneville highlights. It truly is the BEST of the gearhead realm brought to the fore.

Brian
          YOu should've thrown Chad in my path to get me to stop.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It was neat meeting Brian (finally) as well as Bob, Scott (the third one, chef extraordinaire) and many others this year.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

DynoRoom Mike, diy-efi Mark and of course Bob Holmes Bob also come to mind
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Doug Garrison was there?Sure hope he shows at DragWeek.

Comment

Yup! And he said the same thing, hope he shows up to Drag Week Go Doug Go!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                    Doug Garrison was there?Sure hope he shows at DragWeek.
                    I kept forgetting to mention I met Doug at Bonneville as well. We hung out a few minutes, but I was really just following Jim around. He was driving us place to place on the salt in his Suburban.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Great to see/meet a bunch of you. Sorry I was running when Scott L came by with Jim as I'd have liked to chat more. On the weekend I'm a pretty busy guy! STILL haven't chatted up Bob Holmes! Scott Clark was thrashing and I was working so I didn't even see him - we usually hook up in Impound. Too bad Lee's car didn't do better but you guys were NOT alone. Bad salt!!!????? 450+ MPH says otherwise (or George is crazy......).

Dan

Comment

Dan, you were doing what all the guys in impound want you to do. One of these years we'll get a chance to chew the fat. Maybe I'll just have to get a car into impound, then you'll have to talk to me.

George is crazy. I watched the tank slapper that Seth Hammond had off the truck with that beautiful lakester, he might as well throw away that suit, it ain't coming out. LOL. We watched a number of the vehicle spins, loops, and general bad attitude issues that ensued. It was quite an exciting event.
                        Last edited by Bob Holmes; August 22, 2013, 07:17 PM.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Next year, Bob! I'm always looking for someone to have dinner with, usually at about 7:30 or 8:00 by the time I get off the salt. I was SO desperate this year that I even chowed down with Chad, Brian and the bunch.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Next year, Bob! I'm always looking for someone to have dinner with, usually at about 7:30 or 8:00 by the time I get off the salt. I was SO desperate this year that I even chowed down with Chad, Brian and the bunch.

Dan
                            Hey, putting food in front of Chad and Brian gets their talking to slow down. It won't stop it altogether. Nothing will. But, it will allow you to get a word in here and there while they swallow.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

True enough, Scott! They can't seem to chew, breathe, and talk at the same time - though I'm sure they're working on it.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X