Guitar String Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar String Recommendations

Well, I finally motivated myself to start practicing my guitar, been for about a week and half, and I broke a string, so I'm just going to buy a whole new set, since I have no idea what the guitar came with anyway.
    I love the blues sound, and since I know there are a few of you who actually play, I was wondering if yall have any recommendations for what strings to get
    Guitar is an Ibanez Artcore
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Always liked D'Addario XL's or GHS Boomers.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

The brand of strings don't matter too much, but a set of 10-46 should work well for that guitar. I go through a lot of strings and I usually buy what's on sale at Guitar Center. If you want a brand recommedation you can't go wrong with D'Addario or Ernie Ball.

Comment

D'Addario XL's here on the electric, Martin Phosphor Bronze on the Acoustic. I usually have 11's on the electric, but if you havent been playing long, go with 9's or 10's.

Comment

Blues usually involves a bit of string bending. Unless you have been playing a while and have lots of hand strength, I'd recommend staying with light to medium strings. The D'Addario's mentioned previously are a good choice. If you wanna get the best bang for your buck, wipe 'em down after you play to keep the oil and corrosion down to a minimum.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
          X