Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are some car buyers just dumb asses, or do they try to come across like that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some car buyers just dumb asses, or do they try to come across like that?

I had put a car on eBay, and got some typical questions, no biggie. A guy calls me up and says I want it, and I can be there the day after tomorrow, but I don't have Paypal, can I just bring you cash? He sounded like he was my age, not the usual 18 year old I had been responding to, so I said o.k.. I had no sooner walked inside (cause the cell service sucked) when some TX number popped up and some communicator for the deaf, told me she had someone who wanted to ask some questions about the car. I told her I could answer them, but I was in the middle of trying to finish a deal, but I would keep his info if the guy didn't follow thru within 36 hours. She relays that to the guy and it must have pissed him off, cause she sounds like she copped an attitude, and says "Well the gentleman I'm talking to says that you need to take it off of ebay, NOW". I just said whatever, and then went to answer another call. I got sidetracked and didn't get to pull it off that night. Next morning I noticed an email from the chucklehead talking thru the interpreter, saying, "If your buyer falls thru, here's my email, I "MIGHT" be interested, his emphasis, not mine. I yank the ad and do other things. Next morning, the buyer shows up just like we had talked about, he spends a short time looking it over and hands me a stack of money. We do the deal, get the paperwork transferred and help load it on his trailer. A couple of days later I get a follow up email from the deaf guy, basically calling me everything but a white man because I didn't let him know if the deal went thru or not. WTF? Since when did being a d!@& on the phone, and sending an email saying you "MIGHT" be interested, warrant anything more than me deleting the message? Ugh, I'm beginning to hate selling ANYTHING, which is something I used to enjoy......
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

But those are all the fun parts of selling cars. It's also a confirmation that you are not the biggest d-bag on the planet.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I was all set to go into a lengthy dissertation about how there is no tactical or strategic advantage of appearing dumb, in either the buyer or seller role. But ....

.... that guy wasn't a dumb-ass, just a dickhead !!!

Comment

Well shit! You got an entitleist! The world owes that kind everything!
        That kind abuses the ADA. (Americans with Disabilities Act)
        Please do not think I or any other deaf using the relay service are dickheads like that..

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
          I was all set to go into a lengthy dissertation about how there is no tactical or strategic advantage of appearing dumb, in either the buyer or seller role. But ....

.... that guy wasn't a dumb-ass, just a dickhead !!!
          Wow! We think alike.. You posted as I typed!
          Thanks!

Comment

I am curious to try ebay, maybe international.

you got two buyers interest, not just one.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

yeah i get that all the time when selling any thing. i think the worst was when i was selling my 90 F150 dear god the D-bags that thing brought
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I always enjoyed selling before, half the time it ended up being a new friend. This ass hat was just impatient for something that I didn't know he wanted. I read it as he was only kind of half interested, one of those who take up a lot of your time but you never sell them anything. If he had said, "If that guy doesn't buy it, I'd like to see if we can work something out." If he had said that, THEN I would have replied. Maybe I'm just old, I don't feel like I need to try and sell them something, if they want it, here it is and this is how much it is.
                Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Nik.... If I reply to your ad, I will use the relay service.. like that asshat.. But I will be respectful, and say what you would like to hear..like the deal not going thru..
                  Please do not lump all deaf or relay service users with that guy!
                  I hope you remember his email.. As for nbr.. That is the service's nbr.. Too many can hide that way..

Comment

Most people are dumbasses and lately have a huge sense of entitlement. If someone sells a car I wanted and I didnt get there first with the cash, oh freakin well. There are more cars and stuff out there. Some people dont see it that way, and they think the world owes them. Those are the people I try to avoid, yet somehow I married two of them.

Comment

i know personally not all deaf people are that way. actually had one of my easiest sales to a deaf guy using a relay service when i sold my 85 IROC-Z 305 4bbl 5 speed. good guy
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Bob, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he was deaf, or used a relay service, merely a small irrelevant part of the story. There are dickheads in every demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                          Bob, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he was deaf, or used a relay service, merely a small irrelevant part of the story. There are dickheads in every demographic.
                          Bingo - Steve hit it on the head, well said.
                          We're not going to think everyone would be like that, deaf, or not.
                          You sir I would like to meet and BS with some day, no doubt.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I thank you all for your comments!
                            Those of us who do not deserve it tend to get lumped into the same group as that guy..
                            I sent Nik's first post to a guy I grew up with and he said "Oh shit! Now we look bad!"
                            Just human nature..

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                              Bingo - Steve hit it on the head, well said.
                              We're not going to think everyone would be like that, deaf, or not.
                              You sir I would like to meet and BS with some day, no doubt.
                              and I, you! Some day!

Comment

Working...
                              X