No announcement yet.

Cordless or Electric Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last year I found a deal on DeWalt. 18v drill and 18v Impact with 2 batteries and case for $150.00. It was at ACE and the impact makes working on the car a dream. Keep it in the trailer on race day just in case. The deals are out there. Been using nothing but DeWalt for about 10 years and the best out there as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      air drill , but water in the lines kill them

carrying around a compressor big enough to run an air drill will kill your back.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I have this Milwaukee Cordless drill. Small, lightweight and will drill through frame rails.

Last edited by Scott Liggett; August 18, 2013, 08:35 AM.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

carrying around a compressor big enough to run an air drill will kill your back.
          doesn't matter tex , we get tons of agua in the swamps of jersey ...takes 20 years but air tools die

Comment

check out the ridged cordless at home depot lots of power and lifetime warranty on it

Comment

im about ready to throw my craftsman cordless drill across the street..the batteries (3)wont a charge,2 are 6 months old... my next one will be a dewalt..I love my 1/2 cordless impact..

Comment

if a cordless keeps up for the job for a car "online"..battery hooked up etc.
                there is a concern about drill guns, they bleed at the bit slamming the car with 120v stabs in dribbles.

fancy computers etc.. I'd be going big on cordless.

electric drills for long jobs, battery unhooked.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have3 a cordless impact, cordless drill and an electric drill...The cordless items are great for light duty IMO but the electric is a must have for any continued use...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    I have3 a cordless impact, cordless drill and an electric drill...The cordless items are great for light duty IMO but the electric is a must have for any continued use...
                    'Continued use'........that's the key.
                    I won't be without one on next project.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Business partner built a deck. The regular cordless drill batteries died fast driving the stainless steel deck screws, and they required a lot of force to prevent them from stripping out.
                      That's when he bought the impact driver. Batteries live MUCH longer, it doesn't require but a fraction of the force (pushing down on it) to drive long screws without stripping the philips head... to drive or remove the screws.

Only down side I can think of is the noise they make.

Comment

The impact drivers are noisy but man do they make quick work of long screws. I recently broke down and bought a milwaukee kit - 1/2" drill and impact driver, charger, and two batteries, it was more than $200 but my oh my do these things work like a charm.

There's still a place for a large 1/2" drill with a cord, and of course you can't live without a drill press once you've had one.

I'm all done with cheap cordless stuff, when the black and deckers second set of batteries dies, they're going in the trash like the craftsman did. Milwaukee or Dewalt from here on out.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          During the install of the bucket seats in the shoebox I was drilling lots of 1/4" steel.
                          Over the years I've seemed to have nothing but cordless drills around.

Well I guess the batteries are getting old.....found my self re charging alot......real PITA.

Finally got my sons electric drill to finish things up.

I will be purchasing a 1/2" variable speed corded drill sometime soon.
                          I've got a 25+ yr old 3/8 Craftsman that'll break your hand if it snags on something. It's one mean bitch. Too bad it's not 1/2". My machinist could play pro football, and one day he was laughing at this thing wearing me out..........til he tried it. He was impressed!
                          Last edited by groucho; August 20, 2013, 09:50 AM.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                          X