X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Street Look - In or Out?

Originally posted by Blazerteam
    Ragnarøk is an old god from the Viking era.Bet chicks digged him too ;D
    Ragnarok is a battle that brought the end of the previous world in Norse mythology. After that happened, the world was flooded for a while and the 2 humans started over after the floods subsided.
    That's not the whole story, but, while it's an interesting story, it's way too complicated (and off topic) to explain it all here. Plus I'm probably not the best person to do the explaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Originally posted by Blazerteam

My eyes goes nuts about this wrong stance and short axles...I like em better this way ;D.
      the purple nurple Camaro (the 4th gen) does not translate that well tp the Pro Street look because it's doomed to suffer the "wheels look too far in" fate. Maybe they'd look beyyer with some additional radius to the rear wheel wells. They don't turn my crank.

Brian
      I've got better 4th gen examples:

Sneak in a 4th gen T/A

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
      1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS

Sneak in a 4th gen T/A
        Yikes.

The Bandit TA is great except for tire placement. Could be lower, too. I call T-top violation, though.

Comment

Double yikes on the blown car.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

This is a '71 Vega a good friend of mine built and owned. He sold it a couple years ago, but I think it was great. No loud paintjob, the right stance with everything tucked up nicely under the car (those are the big Mickeys and a 9" under there), and just plain cool. The reaction from people when this thing drove by was like you were riding an elephant through town. The double takes, stares and finger pointing were pretty cool.

Comment

Early Vegas are nice.

Mean looking piece!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Bitchin. But the tires are way too far inboard.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                  Here's a Camaro that's in Tucson, this picture was taken a couple years ago, but the guy built it in the mid-late 80s. I've always liked it as an example of what a PS should be, even if it's not something I'd do myself.

This car is still aorund, saw it the other night..... he haunts the local cruise spots pretty often, this is a beautifuly built car, and many changes have been made since this pic was taken, it sits lower now...has flames...and is still friggin bitchin'

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive
                    Also, I personally like a FLAT hood with a blower. Why have a cowl with a blower sticking through? Not only does it serve no purpose, but a flat hood makes the blower look taller and nastier.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      Yeah, now that you mention it, they did sit in quite a bit. Here's a pic of the tires from the back and the second pic should give you an idea of how long ago these were taken. LOL! Impressive shine on my '73 Mustang's hood though. ;)

Comment

As for the hood, the car was not originally supercharged. He redid the engine over one winter and just went with the hood that was already on it. But I agree, a flat hood woulda made that engine look even more gigantic in that tiny Vega. It was a 355 with the 671 on top BTW.

Comment

pinnacle of pro street was when our buddy vinnie got a tony defeo cover story in cars illustrated magazine , running right off the highway to englishtown , 66 chevelle 8:71 427 flames , guess it was 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

LOL Those tires sure bother you..

This car is just plain hideous!!! Look at the shit on the side window frame area.. ??? Looks like something that should be on an SUV or some Mexicans car in Tijuana. That car just needs some C4 in the drivers seat.. I think I am NEVER gonna call my car "Pro Street" again..

Comment

I guess I would have to say that I like pro-street, what I don't like are the tubs and dubs cars that everyone seems to building right now. Ya know that 18" - 20" wheels on a muscle car there is only one size of tire that should be on a muscle car and that is 15".

Comment

Originally posted by cal67ss396
                                there is only one size of tire that should be on a muscle car and that is 15".
                                yup.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X