If I Had A Pit Crew...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I Had A Pit Crew...

Superman found a track driving event coming up at AMP at the end of September. Hooked on Driving. So I've gotta change Red's brake fluid and oil...

And I'll destroy a set of tires between that and Barber, two weeks apart.

This is all gonna be a boatpot of fun. Superman's got the Corvette, he bought an oil pan with baffles in it. Okay. And street legal racing tires that last about 5000 miles. He's into it. We're both going to both events.

Oil pan aside, I've got an issue with Red's fuel pickup. With a half tank of gas, it all sloshes over to one side of the tank in a curve and the low fuel alarm goes off.

Superman's got a long history of motorcycle racing. We sat around in the garage the other day talking about trail braking and all sorts of stuff that I don't even know yet.

Fun.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Is a fuel cell legal for these events?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Is a fuel cell legal for these events?
      If you can print cubic dollars I'm certain they'd like you to have all of those things. It's just not all required.

And it's not a competition. It's just a drop-dead fun weekend for folks who want to run a car and see what it will do. Dadgum that's fun. And you find out what you ain't got when you do it - driver inability aside. In the beginner class you've got folks out there on a Bucket List - they can't drive at speed worth a lick, but they're having the time of their lives. Like me.

Comment

does your newer mustang come with the newer "DOT 4" brake fluid?
        I swapped this in the old rally wagon.. worked wonders.

have fun. there is a fix for everything.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

As for your sloshing problem, fill the tank before hitting the track - and then deal with the rear end being a little heavy.... or not.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

As for your sloshing problem, fill the tank before hitting the track - and then deal with the rear end being a little heavy.... or not.
            It's only gas, the faster you go the less you'll have.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I had been told before I went the first time to have a full tank and I did. Didn't know why but it was full. Well, you sure don't get very good mileage driving like that!

On the 3rd 15-minute run we were going through Turn 6 when the Low Fuel alarm went off. I told the instructor, "Mike I'm gonna have to stop before I run out of gas."

And then I started doing the math (while trying to drive the car at the same time) and figured no way in heck my fuel is low. Yep it sloshed alright, big time.

The last autocross event I ran I got into it again, and having time to look at the gauges I noticed that it goobers with the fuel gauge at the same time. I've got 3/4 of a tank but the alarm is going off and the gauge is reading below empty. The gauge stays like that for quite a few minutes.

Disconcerting at best. And the instructor at AMP last year said you don't really want to uncover the fuel pump which he said is inside the tank. It's cooled by fuel and may run hot and not last as long uncovered. Or something like that.

The gas station at AMP is about 5 miles or so from the track. I guess I'll be tearing up the track and the highway too between runs.

Comment

Take a couple of cans and a funnel......
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dont worry about the light, does the engine stumble? If not FLOOR IT!

Comment

Working...
                  X