X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language barriers

Bruab, is this true??

Strange Crow Deaths Reported in Massachusetts

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. They had a Bird Pathologist examine the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks and only 2% were killed by an impact with a car. Massachusetts then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine the cause of the disproportionate percentages for truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist determined the cause in short order: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree, to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that, while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", none could say "Truck."
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

yep.

I am on the phone today with my dad, hes a trucker.

terrified of birds, never got the real scoop on that. he had a truck called the commode, a vent that opened up top, facing forward.. I ponder that added to the unknown true story.
    he yelps and pauses, I thought he was having a heart attack on the phone while driving...

he comes back on and says "one of those swooping cranes just missed the windshield."
    big birds.. that would have hurt.

there is more than one reason to just let a cat 550 bellow for square miles...
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Love it!
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Pretty much straight up windshield.. Big ass bird... Bye bye glass!
              Yep.. Story can be laughed about now.. Bet Barry Sr had to change his skivvies!

Comment

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by NightShifter
                  Its strictly coincidental I just shipped a car to Massachusetts. I swear on a stack of bibles.
                  a car salesman who believes in God? hmmmm.... not sure I believe that
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by NightShifter
                    Its strictly coincidental I just shipped a cah to Massachusetts. I swear on a stack of bibles.
                    There.......fixed it for ya
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

HA, wicked funny joke there, I almost died of a hat attack!
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                      X