Ansen Sprint vs Us Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I would buy two way Spark-o-matic's so I got nuthin. No Jensen 6x9 Coax's for me, but I wouldn't quite getto out Kraco.
    I was a Jensen Triax guy, loved them 20oz magnets when juiced by a higb powered equalizer amp. How come a 200 watt amplifier these days doesn't seem to have the juice of an old 40 watt amp? I haven't found any 6x9's in the last 20+ years that can touch those old Jensens for sound quality or raw volume. I think the paper cones were more responsive and sound far better than the thick, stiff poly plastic garbage can lids they use now.
    -dulcich
    Last edited by dulcich; August 22, 2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

not the best pic but shows the us-indy pizza cutters and the ansen sprint rear slots

"if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
        I was a Jensen Triax guy, loved them 20oz magnets when juiced by a higb powered equalizer amp. How come a 200 watt amplifier these days doesn't seem to have the juice of an old 40 watt amp? I haven't found any 6x9's in the last 20+ years that can touch those old Jensens for sound quality or raw volume. I think the paper cones were more responsive and sound far better than the thick, stiff poly plastic garbage can lids they use now.
        -dulcich
        You are 100% correct...but I must say...holy off topic Batman!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

it's a comparison, totally on topic.

Some people would only have Ansen's (Jensen's, best out there when they were king)
          Some people were okay with US Indy's (Sparkomatic's, I was saying I had good luck with them and they sounded good)
          Some people had rusty chrome slots (Kraco's - would blow up at the first sign of any real power)
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            it's a comparison, totally on topic.

Some people would only have Ansen's (Jensen's, best out there when they were king)
            Some people were okay with US Indy's (Sparkomatic's, I was saying I had good luck with them and they sounded good)
            Some people had rusty chrome slots (Kraco's - would blow up at the first sign of any real power)
            LMAO..okay, I missed that comparison...

the rusty slots came for JC whitney or Sears BTW LOL!!!
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I always thought the Sparkomatics sounded better than the Jensens. Jensens had a tinny, too much treble sound for me.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                I always thought the Sparkomatics sounded better than the Jensens. Jensens had a tinny, too much treble sound for me.
                AC/DC was at its finest when punctuated with those piercing highs!
                -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                  AC/DC was at its finest when punctuated with those piercing highs!
                  -dulcich
                  Piercing highs hurt my dog ears. I liked the guitar riffs and beat of the drums with AC/DC.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Piercing highs hurt my dog ears. I liked the guitar riffs and beat of the drums with AC/DC.

listening to AC/DC on my old pioneer 8 track with the Kraco speakers .........ahhhhhhhhh that brings back fond memories LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolcamaro View Post
                      listening to AC/DC on my old pioneer 8 track with the Kraco speakers .........ahhhhhhhhh that brings back fond memories LOL!!!
                      Anyone running their Kenwood home speakers on the back seat?

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Anyone running their Kenwood home speakers on the back seat?

a friend of mine did that with a set of pioneer tower speakers in the back seat of his 1970 challenger R/T

Comment

Not currently, but I used to way back when.

I like American Racing 200s's so go figure. Slots? Meh.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

doh. I did have Jensen's, just not the 6x9's. I had these and a pair of 8" waffle grille Pioneer two ways in the hatch area of my Vega! We'd pull them out and play frisbee, listen to Zeppelin, Nugent, AC/DC, Foghat, Skynyrd, pretty much all the stuff they have played into the ground these days until the battery died, then push start it.

Sorry for the bad pic, but since we were talking about Jensens I thought I would put up a picture of some old early 60's KRLD (local radio station) Studio Monitor Jensens:

the Pioneers are sitting on top of them. I don't throw much away.
                            Last edited by Beagle; August 23, 2013, 06:52 PM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

They even had Ansen Sprints for Morris Minors in the 70's...My first car.
                              Attached Files
                              Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Your Morris is/was very cool !
                                Glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X