How do I get into these situations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get into these situations?

Ok, so about a month ago I bought a nice li'l Mustang grocery getter.

Today, I come home and the GF's kid has a 87 Z28 on the trailer.

oh yeah, its his friends and it's $600. Body isn't in too bad of shape.

Scarily, I look at it, and its TPI 305 (which runs and sounds good) and I can't help but thinking of a C/Prep SCCA car.

Only downside is T-tops...

What the heck. Same money as my mustang, body is in better condition, V8... interior is trash... Could I make this a daily driver? Oh yeah, and if it doesn't sell in a couple days, goin' to the J-yard... Do I just grab the yard cash and say the car is "junked?"

AAAAHHHHH.....

There's other things going on, and another car is the LAST THING I NEED!!!!

of course, this is preaching to the choir, or getting advice from the WRONG crew...

Re: How do I get into these situations?

$600 bucks.....Get it.....You can always change you mind later and take it to the yard....

It's only 600... :

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

sheesh, haven't you learned anything here? offer 200, pay 250.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Don't feel bad,'C-Z',I just looked at a VERY nice '86 Pontiac Firebird yesterday(and today...). It's Blue with a nice Grey cloth gut,305(Q-Jet Carb....)Overdrive Automatic,power everything. The best parts:--NO T-tops/Moon Roof,rock solid Body(VERY straight...),and the owner's a motavated seller! He wants around $700 for it. He hasn't driven the Car since '03(it's inside...)due to a busted Radiator. The worst part of the whole Car is the crappy '80's directional Wheels.....bloody awful :-X :P. So,this means that IF I buy this thing,it'll be the 5'th 3'rd-Gen I've bought since I've joined this cult.....,er forum. Thank's : :D. ~OO6.

Comment

well, came home today, the T-tops were off and the battery gone... and its gona rain...

well f it... I told myself I'd never get a car he had his hands on... and I gotta abide by that statement...

ok, time to be trying to get my stuff moved so I can...

Comment

Well,I BOUGHT 'mine' last night.....He wanted $700,so I give's 'em $700. I actually can't complain,the guy was 'Mr by-the-book',He saved EVERYTHING. Even tho He's(was ;D)the 2'nd owner,He saved all the factory paperwork,including the window sticker. Even the factory Delco Stereo(and the Pontiac dealer-demo Cassette...)was still right where it's supposed to be. The 'only' items He got rid of was the origional Wheels. The 'Fag-Magz' that are on it now were a gift from His Girlfriend(now Wife..). They were the only things that went to pot on the Car. The only mechanical glitch He ever had was the Radiator--He had gone thru two of them. The best part of the deal was all the spare parts that came with it. I've got a set of new GM Brake Rotors,a P-Brake Cable,some Hood Struts,a set of new KYB Shocks-n-Struts,and some used JunkYard bits like Mirriors,a set of Firebird lights AND a set of T/A Lights. Except for the used stuff,all the GM & KYB stuff came in their origional boxes 8). Now,the only problem is that it's(almost...)too 'nice' to go hacking up : :-\. Oh,well. ~OO6.

Comment

I got my track day /open road race/maxton project car end of winter-early spring . I have been too covered up to do anything to it but get it started. 89 T-top formula so yes it will need a cage but it was only $500 and I would need a cage eventually any ways. Pics are in the projects section under Hoosier gta's cars and projects . It'll probably be someones barn find someday! lol

Comment

Working...
              X