Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know a lot of you won't like this, but I might as well confess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC
    replied
    Re: I know a lot of you won't like this, but I might as well confess...

Sad thing is when he realizes that the Civic is going to get almost the same mileage as the Vette. :o

Because after driving a Vette, your going to have the pedal to the medal everywhere you go in the Civic, and that's not good for gas mileage.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

And I thought I was bad today thinking that I'll look for a '69 Firebird with the OHC 6 so I could EFI the six for my mpg car instead of looking for the 400 V8 one :-\ I had the old docile 400 up to an average 25mpg highway and 18mpg around town.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

wife is the commuter in our family, she drives her little Prowler a lot more than her Dart, the little car gets about twice the mileage.

I drive the bitchin Camaro when I'm in economy mode (like tonight when I went into town for the car club meeting), it gets close to 20. Gotta love those straight sixes mixed with 2.73 gears

Leave a comment:

• Abrasive
    replied

I used to own a 1993 Corvette that averaged around 27mpg if I kept the right foot light. Not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied

Originally posted by Abrasive
    So compromise.

Civette!
    Drifting a ls1 swapped Honda Civic at Memphis Motorsports Park. The civette is real! Looks like it would be fun to drive. If you would like to see more video...
    hehehe... I was actually thinking the other way around, Civic engine and tranny somehow turned properly and shoved into a Chevette. Boy was I wrong.

On an odd thought, could you make a Corvette an decent economy car? I think if you spent enough time on the freeway where its aerodynamics really stand out you could. Ofcourse my version would be 3800 powered, 205hp on 87 octane would actually probably be near the L98 output from a mid 80's Corvette and with a 60º V6 bellhousing I bet I could bolt it right too the T-56.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied

Ehhhh.... whatever. I'm really rather appethetic about the whole thing. You have 1 cool car, sure you can have more but you always need atleast 1 even if its down for upgrades or repairs its still something to think about when you are doing the mpg dance on the road with other shapeless boxes. I compromized, my Lincoln is fairly cool and decently good on gas.

Leave a comment:

• Abrasive
    replied

So compromise.

Civette!
    Drifting a ls1 swapped Honda Civic at Memphis Motorsports Park. The civette is real! Looks like it would be fun to drive. If you would like to see more video...

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    replied

I sold my Vette a couple of weeks ago... nice to have it ... better to have it gone...

Keith

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

My plan for gas economy is to stop driving the 350 / 3.23-6 gearedta and trade the formula for my old 86 elco with 305 tbi and 2,73 gears ! wish me luck . Keep having a bro. law trying to get me into a honda beater but it hasn't worked so far . Hey Matt you haven't cashed the check yet have you? Can you get free go backs like when we were all kids playing kick ball ? Hope the mileage is worth it man. REally though maybe it will allow you more cash for the mope .

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    Guest replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    resale??
    what is the resale on 5 hunert dollar cavaliers these days ?
    oh , you guys with credit and nice houses !!

I know the resale on a 250 dollar Cavlier is about 800 bucks if you find the right moron to buy the car...made that little deal about 4 months ago....

Nice house and credit...LMAO, thats funny Spidey...You know better than that

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

resale??
    what is the resale on 5 hunert dollar cavaliers these days ?
    oh , you guys with credit and nice houses !!

Leave a comment:

• 1970camaroRS
    replied

Please surrender your man card at the door.

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    Guest replied

better resale value.....Denile is a river in Egypt...

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

no cobalts , sunfires , centurys , auras , saabs , solstice , skys , g6 , grand am , malibu ,
    available in your area ?
    why lower yourself to a honda ?

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    Guest replied

I am feeling the pinch too man, you got to do what you got to do....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X