No announcement yet.

Friday Night Song Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another "friday" ( ok, so i missed by 8 hours...oh well. )
    and another LOVEBITES favorite. this ones haunting
    and sad but spectacular. these ladies are phenomenal.

LOVEBITES Empty Daydream from Daughters Of The Dawn Live In Tokyo 2019Lovebites (stylized as LOVEBITES) is a Japanese all-female heavy metal band, formed in ...

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I have questions

- shooting nuclear waste into the sky doesn't usually cause rain - but then again, it might explain why the plants grew so fast?

- A Cougar? they already had 2 in the video, did they really need a 3rd?

- if the world was dead, where did the feathers come from?

- and at 4:11, the lead guitarist puts his goggles down to do his jam..... epic.

ah well, good beat and melody
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 29, 2021, 10:13 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• This is one of the best pedal steel solos in music history performed by Sneaky Pete Kleinow.
          Someone was nice enough to make a 1h19m loop of it.
          I've listened to it for about 5hrs over the past 2 days and I'm still not tired of it, I don't think I'll ever get tired of..

Comment

• I like music with a point.... this one is in that vein, will we ever have mega-concerts again?

Comment

• its friday night somewhere, so...

more japanese girly metal (different band) it blows my mind
              how good they are at this. love it, love it, LOVE IT.

Mary's Blood First Major Album "Countdown to Evolution"* Normal Edition CD ¥3,000+tax* Limited Edition CD + DVD ¥3,500+taxOut on 20th August 2014☆ワンマンツアー決定!T...

Comment

• and yes, theres a 3rd stupendous band of all japanese girls....
                this one "should" start at the 2:00 minute mark, to skip all
                the talking.

if you play any instrument at all, the drummers feet on the
                double kickers during the "chorus" (its instrumental.... but
                where the chorus would normally be...) will blow you away,
                its like shes running in place.

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/lb77XVvb2Uk?t=120

Comment

• I have friends who just can't put it down. sigh... Thank God for cars because but for the grace of God it would still be me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                    and yes, theres a 3rd stupendous band of all japanese girls....
                    this one "should" start at the 2:00 minute mark, to skip all
                    the talking.

if you play any instrument at all, the drummers feet on the
                    double kickers during the "chorus" (its instrumental.... but
                    where the chorus would normally be...) will blow you away,
                    its like shes running in place.

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/lb77XVvb2Uk?t=120
                    no stereotypes there

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

no stereotypes there

dont forget, im 41% asian and 25% of that is japanese.
                      i just LOOK like a big fat white dude....

sei massen, shitzu reysie mats demo oki buta des.......

Comment

dont forget, im 41% asian and 25% of that is japanese.
                        i just LOOK like a big fat white dude....

sei massen, shitzu reysie mats demo oki buta des.......
                        sure, with fries.

I really hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're 100% American. The rest is just donors.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 4, 2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

sure, with fries.

I really hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're 100% American. The rest is just donors.
                          with the way the world feels about america right now,
                          when people ask if im american i tell them no, im hawaiian....

not that im not american-- just dont want to deal with dummies.
                          Last edited by fatguyzinc; October 5, 2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

with the way the world feels about america right now,
                            when people ask if im american i tell them no, im hawaiian....

not that im not american-- just dont want to deal with dummies.
                            Don't make us bring back Capt. Cook.

It ain't perfect, but I've been to enough places in the world to know it's the best there is.... as long as we work for it.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 9, 2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Don't make us bring back Capt. Cook.

It ain't perfect, but I've been to enough places in the world to know it's the best there is.... as long as we work for it.

i agree--that being said, too many people are close minded idiots
                              and are ready to hate us at the drop of a hat, and rather than deal
                              with it--since i live in hawaii, im HAWAIIAN. no need to remind them
                              that hawaii is indeed part of the US and that also makes me an american.

ive even gone along good naturedly (trying to avoid another fistfight and all...)
                              with the 'anti-american' vibe and proclaimed that i am exactly what the
                              red/white/blue means--redneck, white trash, blue collar. but its just throwing
                              gasoline on the fire, they then start getting nasty and then someone
                              winds up in cuffs (normally me) and someone needs an ambulance.
                              (normally not me.)

so, to make life easier and NOT need bail money every 3-4 days, i just
                              say im hawaiian....

anyway......... more lovebites! in this one theyre weird, playfull, and still
                              super shreddy.

i love how the black haired guitarist (miyako) at around
                              2:43 is like--

"what? no! oh god, get that thing away from me.
                              no. NO! i want the guitar. seriously, dude.... ok, you know
                              what? f@ck it, gimme that g*d damn thing. remember, buddy
                              boy--you asked for it...."

then proceeds to do a dual solo
                              with midori (blonde guitarist)....and THEN at 4:29 she rips
                              a crazy keytar outro solo that would make thomas dolby,
                              bruce hornsby, howard jones, etc... proud.

sounds like 80's europe to me, only super gnarly.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Last edited by fatguyzinc; October 10, 2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Going to get speeding tickets, be back later...

Last edited by BangShift McT; October 15, 2021, 07:04 PM.
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X