No announcement yet.

Friday Night Song Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BETCHA never heard THIS one. Bet you're glad you have NOW!

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Counterpoint.... Hard to believe this was 2011. Ivan Moody, such a prophet for our times. Great plane crash.

C'est la vie, adios, good riddance......
      Last edited by RockJustRock; October 12, 2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• Blame someone who put metalcore on the blog for this. Still my jam!

Comment

• More Swedish Metalcore Please, with a kiss of.... well Kiss.

Comment

•  
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I drove the car for two days to end up right back home again.....but for a lot of that time, cruising along, the lyrics were killing me. Which Taj Mahal song was that? The line...."stealing chickens from the rich folks' yard?" Well,here it is.

Last edited by pdub; October 27, 2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• The hippies liked this one.

Comment

• This one gets stick in MY brain..... If you can't fix it, then

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          The hippies liked this one.
                          On the cruise ship trip to hell and back with a woman who hated me......Taj was on board, and he put on a clinic. What a brilliant guy. Anybody who thinks blues guys are not smart.....he sat there on a stool with a Dobro and he played music from all over the world. It was over everybody's head in the room, including mine for sure. ".....And on the eastern shores of Africa the music sounds like THIS...." Telling stories the whole time.

The stories....he was real mad about Kurt Cobain killing himself, the big music story at the time. I had the 15-pound VHS video camera, recorded the whole thing. I wonder how much effort it would take to post that one up.......I may be on a mission. We don't even have a VHS player anymore I believe.
                          Last edited by pdub; October 27, 2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            That's incredible. The most amazing thing is, you get 5 musicians together, 8 of them are going to argue about what color the sun is, and there will never even be a band practice to start with.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

On the cruise ship trip to hell and back with a woman who hated me......Taj was on board, and he put on a clinic. What a brilliant guy. Anybody who thinks blues guys are not smart.....he sat there on a stool with a Dobro and he played music from all over the world. It was over everybody's head in the room, including mine for sure. ".....And on the eastern shores of Africa the music sounds like THIS...." Telling stories the whole time.

The stories....he was real mad about Kurt Cobain killing himself, the big music story at the time. I had the 15-pound VHS video camera, recorded the whole thing. I wonder how much effort it would take to post that one up.......I may be on a mission. We don't even have a VHS player anymore I believe.
                              I audio recorded a Mopar Drag Seminar. The Chevy guys were DYING to hear it. They said "On a bracket car you can save a chunk of money on your 6 point rollbar by using mild steel rather than moly.". Being Chevy guys they decided more is better and built a mild steel Modified Production 55 Chevy with a 12 point full cage. 10,000 RPM, 4800 Lb. Hayes couldn't DREAM of a clutch to launch THAT mess!
                              Last edited by RockJustRock; October 27, 2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X