Friday Night Song Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

"Earworm?" More like brain-eating amoeba . . . .

--Signed,

"GET OFF MY LAWN" Man
    I'm assuming that Cadillac is trying to sell Cadillacs to young folks who can't afford them anyhow. Poor marketing decision. Lots more money wasted on advertising, which drives the cost of them up even more. Bad, bad, bad. I could do better than that. If I wanted to, just let me into the board room. With no worry about being fired for speaking up and stepping on some toes.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I know what is missing now.
      kids need to lay off the crack and play an actually melody.

the wild blippy vlog transition stabs suck.
      maybe if they thought of music as film with a fade...
      some good things might return
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• oh man.
        coolest song ever.
        just needs xylophone and some cowbell.

declared the official song of my 1996 gmc
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 22, 2019, 07:30 PM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Did you guys know this?

Whitney Houston's 1992 song "I'll Always Love You' was Dolly Parton's song from 1974. She wrote it in 1973.

How 'bout Bette Midler's 1990 hit 'Wind Beneath My wings'? It was written by by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley in 1982. Originally recorded by Roger Whittaker, Lee Greenwood and many others. Gary Morris took it to #4 on the country charts in 1983.

Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 23, 2019, 05:12 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Yep... Liked when Dolly sang it on Best Little Whorehouse in Texas!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I found this by chance...
              I still smile. Just a crazy tune.
              no tradition except vibrato

and this one

Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 27, 2019, 10:17 PM.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I almost hate to do this, but I have to. This is a classic rock song. But many years ago, I noticed, the singer is off key. If you are able to pick up on it, you'll be cussing me for the rest of your life. I can't sing a lick, and I play even worse, so I'm no critic. It's the chorus, he's off key by about 1/16 or 1/8 of a step, not much. But a fraction higher in pitch than the music. Go ahead, hate me.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    I almost hate to do this, but I have to. This is a classic rock song. But many years ago, I noticed, the singer is off key. If you are able to pick up on it, you'll be cussing me for the rest of your life. I can't sing a lick, and I play even worse, so I'm no critic. It's the chorus, he's off key by about 1/16 or 1/8 of a step, not much. But a fraction higher in pitch than the music. Go ahead, hate me.
                    I think it was intentional. De-tuning is a big thing in rock these days. A flat note is still a note.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Danko Jones plays a traditional style of rock and does it very, very well in my opinion. You'll have to try extremely hard to find something not to like about his music.

Comment

• the guy singing this song has passed.
                        keith flint.. age 49

RIP

this song stuck out to me, I worked jets and they were not as stable as today.

that time me and my trainer had an apu backfire right off it mounts... sent 30 foot flames out the side of the plane.
                        a series of thuds so loud it was like the earth shook.
                        imagine standing ten feet from it trying to find a breaker and a battery hookup through the smoke and volatile situation as a turbine continues to try to live on its own.
                        A flight chief was going to recommend us for a commendation that day..

I got home from work that day and my room mate was wondering if i knew anyhting about the series of thuds coming from the airport.
                        "sounded like little bombs.. one right after another, rattled the living room window"

my apartment straight line was more than a mile from the airport.

I said "yeah, that was me."

anyway, this song remains a favorite. it is timeless.
                        I was disabled in 96, this came out in 97.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• sexy song

7 in the morning got a wake up look like my name I have a bath and oil my skin, my hair done like a lions mane. My corsets laced up nice and tight. Diamonds pearls they feel all right. But, when I see you standing there The evening sun upon your hair Covered up with garden dirt With just one glance you tear my skirt And I say...
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Airbourne should be more popular and THIS should be one of their monster hit singles. Such a great hook "Get Used To It". Maybe they are just dinosaurs as the video implies....

Comment

• richard elliot, streetbeat. seriously smooth instrumental jazz.

Comment

• german singer
                                I still think of the wheres the female vocalist thread.
                                I that was diesel geeks starting.

this was germans vocalist of the year and other awards.

look before you leap.
                                be careful what you declare the blues.

german drives me crazy

thick morning fog
                                a windshield still frost

stay lazy to wake up late
                                half of that is lost.

battles of spring.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X