Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

just watched it about 30 times, its REALLY good. haunting yet hard enough,
    the weirdness-bongos, cello, etc- only add to the overall awesomeness.
    thanks for posting this one, ive forwarded it to several other friends. what a find!
    I need to buy these albums. Honestly, I like this better then most Godsmack.... which should surprise you... of course, my favorite song of all time is Hurt by Johnny Cash - so there is a bit of diversity in my likes.
    for the 2 people who don't know what I'm talking about, I provide this to further your education and not make me judge you

and for those who wonder what Trent Reznor said about this version...
    he's not wrong

Reznor added that the 2002 cover matters much more to him than industry accolades like the Grammys.

Speaking to The Sun‘s Something For The Weekend, the frontman said: “[Producer Rick Rubin] called me to ask how I’d feel if Johnny Cash covered ‘Hurt’. I said I’d be very flattered but was given no indication it would actually be recorded.

“Two weeks went by. Then I got a CD in the post. I listened to it and it was very strange. It was this other person inhabiting my most personal song. Hearing it was like someone kissing your girlfriend. It felt invasive.”

Reznor also hailed Cash‘s cover as a great honour, saying: “Having Johnny Cash, one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time, want to cover your song, that’s something that matters to me. It’s not so much what other people think but the honour that this guy felt it was worthy of interpreting.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 9, 2020, 10:08 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• how the h@ll does this nerdy office schmendrick looking white girl
      cover chaka khan--and absolutely NAIL it? she sounds great from the get-go,
      then around 2:50 in and all the way to the end, shes on freaking FIRE....

and the guys playing aint no slouches either.

'AINT NOBODY' (Chaka Khan Classic) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB feat Kat JadeProduced by the HSCCRecorded Live at Adelaide Recording Stu...

same guys, different ladies fronting, just as incredible...

‘I'M EVERY WOMAN’ (CHAKA KAHN cover) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB featuring Sarah LloydeProduced by HSCC Mixed by@producernerd https://w...
      Last edited by fatguyzinc; March 14, 2020, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Finnish Metal.........

Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 20, 2020, 05:18 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I think Hayseed Dixie did it first.

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Maybe.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• neil diamond...

Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• must be friday somewhere... i thought this was hillarious.

A year's worth of Brian William's footage to create the song Rapper's Delight by the Sugar Hill's Gang, using audio segments.

Comment

• wandering diverse in music..

not sure why I like this one. it made me laugh.
                  I was reading up on the surname of my closest unknown french relatives and this song started streaming

"long sword" was their native name, son of Viking king rollo who conquered Normandy

the quebec acadians of the 1600s in the long history is my grandparents
                  would love to meet them.

my surname is tragic.. my mothers side shows up immediately as closest relatives, 2nd cousin etc.
                  my name is like mostly dead in american.
                  Glad to find my mom's still alive and well

Click image for larger version

Name:	Highlander-movie-Christophe-Lambert-Connor-McLeod-h0.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1266398

I saw long sword and had an image like this in my head

you better run from me
                  you better say good bye
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 29, 2020, 07:26 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

• spooky.
                    I like it.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Legend has it Scott Weiland found out his band was doing this by hearing the finished song on his car radio. Scott and Chester are gone so we may never know.

Comment

• Covid Jukebox.

Comment

• Covid Jukebox.

Comment

• Artist: EnigmaTitle: SadenessAlbum: MCMXC a.D.Genre: New AgeYear: 1990This song offers an interesting contrast of languages - the sacred language of the chur...

Artist: EnigmaTitle: SadenessAlbum: MCMXC a.D.Genre: New AgeYear: 1990This song offers an interesting contrast of languages - the sacred language of the chur...
                            Last edited by Eric; March 31, 2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• more obscure.... this time a German group filmed in the desert Southwest

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 3, 2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• this song explains why the shot her in the last video

Comment

Working...
                                X