X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdub
    started a topic Friday Night Song Thread

Friday Night Song Thread

This one's rattling around in my head, has been for years, this performance. You've got Trucks and Tedeschi on stage together years ago. It doesn't hurt that they're married.

Wonder what their nights are like? Hey honey, let play another song.

Trucks comes off in media interviews like he's got the personality of a goldfish. Doesn't matter when you can play like him.

• RockJustRock
    replied

celebrate success, don't acknowledge failure..... seriously, you're not going to do their steps for them. That said, there's another jewel that comes from that same place - it's this, if you want to stop, you need to change everything about yourself. If you know the person while they're a drunk, you're part of what they need to change...
    You celebrate, they will keep taking and trashing. I know, I know addiction is a bigger punishment for not recognizing your make up than anything society can impose, but it just doesn't seem to be enough to deter.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

I have few problems with addicts. It's the relapses the anger me. They take, take, take guidance and assistance then "Wow, with all this help I can do drugs again". This month I had one tell me he was drinking in moderation again. He was moderately drink off hiss ass when he told me. Some people just can no longer catch a buzz freely.
    celebrate success, don't acknowledge failure..... seriously, you're not going to do their steps for them. That said, there's another jewel that comes from that same place - it's this, if you want to stop, you need to change everything about yourself. If you know the person while they're a drunk, you're part of what they need to change...

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

being raised Jehovah's Witness and leaving ... he has good reason for the foibles....
    I have few problems with addicts. It's the relapses the anger me. They take, take, take guidance and assistance then "Wow, with all this help I can do drugs again". This month I had one tell me he was drinking in moderation again. He was moderately drink off his ass when he told me. Some people just can no longer catch a buzz freely.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; July 22nd, 2019, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim956
    replied
    Beck Martin Friday night

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Scott has come so close, so many times. He's lucky he had friends to intervene.
    being raised Jehovah's Witness and leaving ... he has good reason for the foibles....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the song I think is most surprising there isn't a video to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Something is giving me the URGE to post songs about liars

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    NOBODY is 100% loyal!

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Scott has come so close, so many times. He's lucky he had friends to intervene.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Miss you JJ

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...