I Don't Shop - I BUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Shop - I BUY

Sue Unit is so much the consummate shopper, always the right thing at the right price.

I don't shop. I buy. I know I'm going to take over the regular maintenance of our fleet. I've got all the tools but I just need something to put the used oil into. Yep, an oil catch thing. Ordered it from Hazard Fraught.

It came today. It's not quite what I imagined. I'm going to need a taller floor jack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Can.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	880611
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

thats funny! now you need a hoist!

Comment

SMART!
      Buy all the "hoist" tools then Unit gotta let you buy the lift!

Good thing about a lift is you can store 2 cars in one space....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        SMART!
        Buy all the "hoist" tools then Unit gotta let you buy the lift!

Good thing about a lift is you can store 2 cars in one space....
        Not quite, Bob. The hoist will require a good 6-8 feet in extra width.

Comment

it didnt have a picture of it when you ordered it?

I no longer bother doing my oil changes. Getting rid of the used oil is more of a pain and I figured I wouldn't save $5 doing myself even buying the stuff on sale.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, (incredulously) They don't have storm drains where you live???
            -dulcich

Comment

That's kinda like having a nice set of valve covers and buying/building a car to put them on. That logic will sometimes work on the women folk if you catch tem at the right moment.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                I no longer bother doing my oil changes. Getting rid of the used oil is more of a pain and I figured I wouldn't save $5 doing myself even buying the stuff on sale.
                I had that idea about 12 years ago. The first oil change I paid for labor they left the filter just loose enough to leak. The second time they left the drain plug loose. If I have to crawl under it to inspect their work I can just do it myself without the extra work sales pitch.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                  Scott, (incredulously) They don't have storm drains where you live???
                  -dulcich
                  I'm sure you fertilize the grapes with your used sludge. Seriously, I do try to be somewhat clean.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you fertilize the grapes with your used sludge. Seriously, I do try to be somewhat clean.
                    However, in California, I understand they tax you to breathe and take you to court if you don't. Just what I hear.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Scott, just ramp it up the curb right there at tbe drain streetside, gives plenty of room to shimmy up ths gutter to pop that drain plug. Beauty is all that oil will pour straigbt down that hole! Away she goes and where it ends up nobody knows!

...hope you guys realize I'm just kidding around here
                      -dulcich

Comment

Scott, just ramp it up the curb right there at tbe drain streetside, gives plenty of room to shimmy up ths gutter to pop that drain plug. Beauty is all that oil will pour straigbt down that hole! Away she goes and where it ends up nobody knows!

-dulcich
                        Yeah.. We kinda do... But I DO KNOW THIS....blackberry vines (the wild stuff ) consider used motor oil fertilizer... Yes! I tried!

Comment

I figured he used it to knock down the weeds on the fence line.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

-dulcich
                            They now paint cute little fishies on every storm drain now as a way to make you feel guilty for dumping sewage down the storm drains. In LA, all the storm drains lead to the LA River, the big drainage ditch that dumps into the Long Beach Harbor. I guess the bazillion cargo ships and oil tankers in the harbor don't leak a drop.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

They now paint cute little fishies on every storm drain now as a way to make you feel guilty for dumping sewage down the storm drains. In LA, all the storm drains lead to the LA River, the big drainage ditch that dumps into the Long Beach Harbor. I guess the bazillion cargo ships and oil tankers in the harbor don't leak a drop.
                              Ahh, the LA River; so picturesque! Such a name filled with promise. Nothing like the natural beauty of a concrete ditch. Loved it in T2.
                              -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                              X