No announcement yet.

Class A CDL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My left knee is shot and I'm a city PDL driver. I have days where it sucks, but the muscles will eventually compensate.

Get all the certain right away, keeps doors open.

Comment

Originally posted by Nophix View Post
      My left knee is shot and I'm a city PDL driver. I have days where it sucks, but the muscles will eventually compensate.

Get all the certain right away, keeps doors open.
      that is inspiring.

tomorrow is the physical, no problems ..

stamina numbers are not for doctors to know.

I am sure if I had a severe need to work hard ... I would not make it fulltime.
      Not discouraged, glad for oppurtunity.

I go for walks, found 3 kittens and a mom cat in the woods.

one was barely walking, off by itself... then the little basturd ran like hell.

life and death is a kick in the pants apparently.

the internet is 99% cats. The diesels fit right in.

I spoke of a big wig general, he passed on locally.. once ran all national guard units in the 70s(80s?). All branches, all states.

that is a big job.

Today, I am outside, the funeral home is across the street.
      I hear a yell that almost made me jump.. like a drill instructor.

present arms.
      some shots. I pretended not to be bothered... putting tint on the car.

The eery part of all of it is how quiet that event was, hardly any people.

I am convinced something wanted me to see that , like a dream implanted years ahead.

"old generals stick together".. a quote I have no clue who said it. It was a joke about my surname, there was a famous general with it.

Also with a biggest job in the world, died quietly. No glory at the funeral.

I think my dads 40 years will be the same. To learn this.. only further proves, you stay in the trenches, to come up look around and die a grunt.... no matter what you did with life.

Trucking was a good place for me a long time ago. I was formally written as smart instead.

Not many know an owner operators success borders genius...a sociopath like a general.
      I am neither.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 5, 2013, 06:08 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

passed the physical, got a fancy laminated card.
        So now on the permit applaication, I am not committing any lies by saying yes I pass the

"49 cfr391.41- 391.49 of the federal motor carrier safety regulations."

Explaining why I am disabled is comical every time. I have injuries only an astronaut would get... along with oxide, a dead doctor that left no instructions,

20/10 vision in both eyes, perfect hearing and no disease what so ever.
        A thing the nurse had me do was walk on my toes longer than a normal test. My foot was mutilated, As I aint hiding anything.. this was to assure me and the doctor both.

I was hoping the urine test was also for drug screen, but that is for elsewhere. kinda sucks like that.. I could have it all done right there for more money.

anyway..
        next step is to mail in for permit test application.

this is now up to 95 bucks, rig is already supplied.
        in fact, I am 1/2 of the "sons" in the " & sons" on the logo.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 6, 2013, 01:24 PM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          passed the physical, got a fancy laminated card.
          So now on the permit applaication, I am not committing any lies by saying yes I pass the

"49 cfr391.41- 391.49 of the federal motor carrier safety regulations."

Explaining why I am disabled is comical every time. I have injuries only an astronaut would get... along with oxide, a dead doctor that left no instructions,

20/10 vision in both eyes, perfect hearing and no disease what so ever.
          A thing the nurse had me do was walk on my toes longer than a normal test. My foot was mutilated, As I aint hiding anything.. this was to assure me and the doctor both.

I was hoping the urine test was also for drug screen, but that is for elsewhere. kinda sucks like that.. I could have it all done right there for more money.

anyway..
          next step is to mail in for permit test application.

this is now up to 95 bucks, rig is already supplied.
          in fact, I am 1/2 of the "sons" in the " & sons" on the logo.
          Keep plugging away.. You'll get there!
          Your dad encouraged it, mine flat out said I couldn't drive.. Proved him wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Keep plugging away.. You'll get there!
            Your dad encouraged it, mine flat out said I couldn't drive.. Proved him wrong!
            getting there slowly.
            my dad was torture when I was growing up.

I am too old in another realm today, just doing it to do it.

He knows it.. funny thing with aging. He seems to be shrinking physically. I am still the six footer with a slouch looking average at anything.

To start off in the upper end of rigs, he knows I would not try otherwise.
            No favors at all this venture.. its as eye to eye as it gets.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 6, 2013, 01:47 PM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Sad watching dads shrink away..
              Mine at 69 was kicking heels, chewing tobacco while hauling hay... Me? Dragging my ass
              At 70, he was skinny, no defined muscles on his arms (Popeye) just after 71, Lukemia kicked him out of life...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Sad watching dads shrink away..
                Mine at 69 was kicking heels, chewing tobacco while hauling hay... Me? Dragging my ass
                At 70, he was skinny, no defined muscles on his arms (Popeye) just after 71, Lukemia kicked him out of life...
                That seems sad.. but it was decent length to life. I swore my dad was going to my funeral...
                but a collapsed lung not all that long ago, stubborn puff back out with staples. We all got a bit of a scare.

I best be getting that license.

I know he wants long haul in his last years, those years are now.
                if my brother or myself got at least a permit, the whole family could feel good about his wish.

A sad dream is looking over and thinking he was just sleeping, while one of us was driving on one of those long hauls he wanted.

he is that stubborn. Seriously.

Stubborn is good I guess.. I don't have it, but I understand for sure.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Glad to hear you passed the physical... Good luck with the application.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    Glad to hear you passed the physical... Good luck with the application.
                    thank you.

A thing local is.. well, one ends up a ken block with tractor trailers.
                    I think my dad was guided here decades ago for a reason. treats a rig like an overgrown golf cart.

he got a ticket for speeding in the Bronx.. in the rig.
                    even the cop wondered what in hell he was made out of.

there was this 8 foot wide bridge in Pennsauken. he used to fly across it... 2inches outside each tire.

he is of the last generation to pounce across the frozen ocean to prince Edward island.

I have a lot to live up to. Not taken lightly, the "dumb trucker" stereotype.
                    I am going to seek that card that shows I am drug tested all the time.. even as independent to go along with some formality.

I talk to my brother, (1 year younger than me), of trucking, gaining a license.. he talks of friends right away that he meets.
                    me?
                    I must be the dark suited guy with glasses on.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 6, 2013, 04:39 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

I was watching these overpaid bimbos trying to feel special about a road rally video with eipc orchestra music.

the only thing special is the music.

truckers getting together be it a similar destination.
                      convoy.

It is something I remember, Hollywood tried to glorify it. Of course that is silly as hell.

trucks were terrible for years. Gaining more than one was safe.

There was this routine he had that gained the same half a dozen or so.

I ponder it is the real reason car rallies happen today. Truckers were there for serious reasons a long time..
                      a genre that gains stereotypes or attention...lack of safe.

It was fun sometimes, as a kid. 7 trucks is still a long line to look down if to all stop in the same place.

The odd thing about the memory... some thought my dad was in legendary miles 25-30 years ago.

he has not stopped.

I went through life the same. A ten geared tin can that touched both north american shores..and an island. All by itself.
                      there is no brand in reality. the money deal of imperfection long gone.. leaving an owner on their own.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 6, 2013, 05:17 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Congrats on the physical Barry. Big step behind you, keep it up!
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Congrats on the physical Barry. Big step behind you, keep it up!
                          I got my 99 cent leg brace from salvation army.

I can do anything.

an interesting thing that got me going ahead with this...

I got a little Subaru swapped around to be tougher. an 8 foot wheelbase and a pile of gears, an all mechanical diff/clutch.

I got in my dads rig, he asked me to move it ahead or back.. and I could not believe how nice that clutch was.

without being a chauvinist I said "even a little woman could drive this"

I get stuck in older memory. I walked away from trucking in a bad way, along time ago. It is nice now.. a lot of people can work them.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 7, 2013, 06:00 AM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                          X