Colorado, Canyon to receive four-cylinder Duramax diesel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandwagon jumper....

The Nissan Titan will be the second light-duty, full-size pickup truck on the market to get a diesel engine--and it's doing it with the Dodge Ram's old dance partner. Nissan announced yesterday that it had inked a deal with Cummins for that specialty diesel maker to provide Nissan with a new 5.0-liter turbodiesel for the next-generation Titan pickup. The...

Comment

Same turbo diesel that's in the Cruze maybe? With diesel propelled cars being all the rage now will the price of regular go down? Yeah I know.. Dumb question, it was good for a laugh though right?

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
        difference that you missed is you took care of yours, as most car/truck people do. it's the other 95% of vehicle owners that just drive them, and have no clue on what service means other than when the idiot light on the dash comes on that says "check engine" or the "oil life light " reads zero . Did you ever think of why the OEM'S felt the need to add that feature? after see'n tons of cars with family photo's covering all the gauges/idiot lights in cars, I can see why they now offer service "reminder" emails/texts.. people think service is adding fuel to the tank..
        The question was about turbo failure. I explained that mine, which is very inexpensive to replace, lasted by itself. There's no tire rotation schedule for the turbo that I am aware of. I did exactly zero maintenance on it in the time I owned it. I turned up the boost to about 25psi pretty early on.
        Last edited by dieselgeek; August 28, 2013, 04:42 AM.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I wish mine didn't have technology, I've never seen a diesel with so many damn wires!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            Cummins was a tractor
            Wasn't that literally what the 6B was originally designed for?

Comment

Working...
            X