Favorite car that one of your parent's owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite car that one of your parent's owned

Loren was waxing philosophical about at 58 Wagon his parents owned - with almost a wistful longing contained within the post...

So that brought up a question:

If you could have just one car, and only a car owned by your parent, what car would it be?

As my dad has owned literally hundreds - tough choice; but I'd go with the 37 Chev. coupe

**** and I may change my mind - but that's the one that I liked the most.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 27, 2013, 10:44 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

My Dad took the train into the city to work, so he didn't go through cars as quickly as some folks.

I never saw his 32 chevy roadster he had in college - but someday I'd like to have one - I built him a steel model of it for his 75th birthday.

Of the cars he has owned during my lifetime - my favorite would probably be the 68 opel cadet, followed only because it was a four door, by the 64 pontiac catalina.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dad had a 1970 Colony Park wagon, 11:1 429... "Premium Fuel Only" on the gas gauge. Mom said it would go 130, and I have no reason not to believe her. For a 6 year old kid, it had about an acre of real estate. Weighed enough to smooth out small imperfections in the road.

He had a '56 Chevy that my sister loved, but I don't remember it. Mom had a 78 Trans Am that I took my drivers test in that was pretty neat.

I'd go with the wagon myself. Good times.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Whoo... One car you say, Aaron?
        How about 55 crown vic.. Had 2. One red/white, other blue/white
        57 lincoln 2 door
        56 Ford big pickup.. Long bed
        Probably the favorite I drove alot was the 60 Suburban with 348/4 speed..

Comment

Father's 1965 Impalla SS
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I gotta take my Moms 84 Nissan 300zx.. black on gold. it talked to ya!!!! loved it as a 10yo kid.
            give me a car and i will fix it!!!

Comment

My dad bought a 59 chevy pickup in 1977.

I still have it.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

1967 Olds 98 2-door Holiday Coupe. Midnight Blue, 425ci 365hp. What a car! I remember noticing as a 10 year old kid the 73 Olds 98 four door with a 455 that replaced it didn't have "The sound of Power."

Comment

I think Ive actually owned all of my dad's cars once he was "done" with them. 65 Baby Blue Baccaruda V8, 72 Dodge Monaco wagon with 440 4bbl power, 70 Porsche 914... He's trying to give me his beat-down Audi right now, and I don't think I want it. He did have a nice Pontiac fastback straight 6 before he met my mom, but I never saw that one in person. He's still driving his 2000 Durango R/T but he's got an open invitation to leave it in my driveway anytime he wants. My mom drives Asian cars and didn't get a drivers license until 1978. It was fun riding around in checker cabs back in the 70s though.
                  BKB
                  www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                  Bruce K Bridges

Comment

my dad drove an old mack with a v8.
                    it was the scania (?) years of v8. I was little kid, wasn't even old, still shined.
                    I did not know that was my first and only rides...v8 rig.

I did tag along in a superliner, but this is about dad.

a close second was a chrysler wagon. it looked like a super bee front end. he did not build it, the mystery remains today, even to the previous owner (I searched around the net). I bet its junked, knowing stinkachussetts. That was mid 70s. I was very small...the car was very big.

That was last time I saw him work on a car. I was banging wheels with a kids hammer. it had points. he has never done work again...except maybe a filter back in the 80s.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

mom's omega with the 307

looked like this but white and blue

also had a turbo omni 024

same color

dad never had any thing really as he was over seas for the most part
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

1968 Olds Vista Cruiser with tow package and rear facing third seat. Still want one today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post

also had a turbo omni 024

same color

dad never had any thing really as he was over seas for the most part
                          I had one of those for about a day - a friend needed a car, so I bought it, sold it to him, he drove it, and told me he didn't want it or his money back... it was ssssssllllooowwwww.

I didn't want it back, so we decided to give it to someone we both really didn't like much - she loved it and probably still has it.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Would it be the '64 Impala/Caprice wagon, the '64 Thunderbird, the Continental MkIV, the '75 C30 3+3 I learned to drive in at 11, the Continental MkV, the '69 Coupe de Ville, the '96 Corvette, the '70 C10 that I still have the virgin original motor to, the '03 C3500 4x4 extended cab, or the '04 Yukon Denali.

Since I inherited the Yukon and my family (kids) LOVE it, and the 6.0L ain't bad either, I say the Yukon. Until a couple years ago I would have said the Coupe de Ville
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                              Father's 1965 Impalla SS
                              Ditto. White on turquoise, with a 327 mill.
                              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Working...
                              X