No announcement yet.

Favorite car that one of your parent's owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In April of '73, my dad bought a new Duster. 318/auto/3.23 Sure Grip, Gold Duster package, snake-skin top, fold down back seat. I was 9 at the time. The whole time he promised it to me when I turned 16 and got my license.

On my 15th birthday, he sells it to one of his drinking buddies, who promptly wrecks it. It went to the junkyard with 38k miles.

No wonder I have been on a therapist's couch since...

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
      That is a beautiful car and a great story, well except for the rolling down a bank part.

And I wish my dad had bought big block cars... oh well...

I'm a lucky one.

Thanks! Dad's car was just a 325 horse,but it was a 4 speed. He still has the original 8-track player somewhere,and the chrome reverse wheels too. Rat pee has taken it's toll on the wheels though. The original hubcaps are supposed to be in my grandparent's barn. They belong to my uncle,but I could probably take them with him or nobody else knowing. Scrap metal thieves made off with a bunch of stuff out of the barn a few years back. They got a bunch of my grandpa's old IH farm implements. They probably stole the hubcaps too.

I'm sorry for the terrible punctuation last night. It was too late to be posting!

A guy here in Arkansas we met at the Power Tour has a Chevelle in the same color as yours. I understand that the color was the rarest for '67,and Royal Plum like my Dad's was the 2nd rarest.
      Last edited by Karberator; September 8, 2013, 08:39 PM.
      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

neat stories.... keep it up!
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My parents never owned anything cool ever, in fact my father currently drives a Pontiac Aztec.

Comment

Working...
          X