I Really Honestly Hate Wasps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Ron. I wanted the nightmares...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
      Thanks, Ron. I wanted the nightmares...
      It could be worse.... that wasp could be carrying an Oreo cookie.
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        I don't know about the wasps in your neck of the woods, but around here, we have a particular species called the "katydid killer." These are a giant black wasp that not only kills cicadas, but it picks up the huge insect and carrys it away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24234[/ATTACH]
        I would have an anti aircraft battery in my yard to take car of those bastids.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
          I don't know about the wasps in your neck of the woods, but around here, we have a particular species called the "katydid killer." These are a giant black wasp that not only kills cicadas, but it picks up the huge insect and carrys it away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24234[/ATTACH]
          I will see your "katydid killer" and raise you one tarantula hawk..one fo the most painful stings in the insect world...watch a dude get stung by one...thought he got shanked, shot and bit by a shark all at the same time

Tarantula hawks are large blue-black wasps with bright orange wings. They feed on nectar from flowers but are most famous for their unique relationship to tarantulas. A female tarantula hawk who is ready to reproduce must find a tarantula burrow. Tapping and strumming webbing at the burrow entrance, she attempts to lure the inhabitant tarantula out. If the tarantula responds what can be a very long battle ensues. More often than not the tarantula hawk wins by delivering a paralyzing sting to the tarantula. Unable to resist, the tarantula is dragged (this can be quite a long distance over downed trees and large rocks) to a pre-dug burrow and dropped in. The tarantula hawk then lays her eggs on the still living tarantula and leaves, covering the den's entrance. When the tarantula hawk eggs hatch into larvae, the tarantula becomes their first meal.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

What in the holy he11 is THAT?
              Glad that crap ain't here!

Comment

That ranks about a 10.8 on the Heebee Geebee Meter.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Asian Giant Hornet. The stinger is .25" long. The venom has an acid mixed in that will rot flesh.

Comment

Working...
                  X