into the wild fan mimicks movie..and dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• into the wild fan mimicks movie..and dies

Before he went missing, Johnathan Croom had developed an obsession with the movie “Into the Wild,” in which a young man leaves society to go live off the land.

I spoke of a personal event I went through at 17.. maine woods. I was waiting for my time to leave for a military tour... that turned into a year. No relatives here, my dad was a nut case at the time (and still in trouble to mention it). Strange odds upon me.

Sticks in the wood stove, some venison. proportions of food unlikely to be survivable.

A church group learned of my tale, and I found a box of food more than once.

I am scary to a coyote, and a wolf is curious.

this story is pathetic.
    definitely suicide, the original story and this one.

I remember that tugged at a relatives emotions, that original story...because it followed my own. I am not suicidal however.
    my own was about a year before that original guy that walked off. Very peculiar...even now.
    I told a formal .. "entity" I guess to call it. I was not at fault in any way. It made this place a hell it is often described as being.

Not sure what is inspiring to know you are not going to make it and do it anyway.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 27, 2013, 06:23 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Riddle is in the mountains.. Earlier reports local said body was found at bottom of 1000ft cliff.. Start of mountains and Siskyou mts..
    Hills that kill campers, motorhomes start near there..

Comment

good you survived

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        http://www.katu.com/news/local/Texts...221358781.html

Riddle is in the mountains.. Earlier reports local said body was found at bottom of 1000ft cliff.. Start of mountains and Siskyou mts..
        Hills that kill campers, motorhomes start near there..
        even gave an indicator.

real shame.

leave the "mountain men" alone, kill yourself another way. that is all I have to say.

I clearly remember being approached about the book. Eery.

I lived with jokes for some time to come.

I do not describe how serious that gets. Altered for life...not premeditated death wish.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Know a couple that lived in a log cabin, sold firewood for a living.. Barest of bare.. Water for bath? Stream..heat pots and pots on wood stove.. They acted like we gave them $1000 when we let them bathe in our normal tub.. Last house from civilization.. Nothing but woods on up.. Very nice humble people..

Comment

Working...
          X