*** "OFFICIAL" VIOLATION GAME THREAD***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *** "OFFICIAL" VIOLATION GAME THREAD***

Come on, DF...I KNOW you're online...and you're an ACE at this!

I can use all the help I can get......LMAO

Tiresmoke

Comment

THE BRA!!!off brand tires and steel wheels..the wing nuts on valve covers...sorry T tops don't do it for me....still....nice car once painted.....

alan
      "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

The T-Tops I can't do anything about....The General sent it out that way.

The bra....ROFLMAO...yeah, it's a beaut, isn't it? Looks like a drunk on a 3-day binder...serious bags under the eyes

Surprisingly enough, I bought the car the way it sits now(except for the headers, plug wires and StreetFire box)....

we're getting warmer still........we can do better...

Comment

The horned water neck. The WTH is that pipe plug thing on the AC box. Yes the wheels need to find a dumpster. The stripes, fix them or lose them.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
            Notice some of that wiring I was talking about, HBS?
            Yeah. Didn't want to mention it, but I noticed it! :D Someone loved the hell out of NAPA wire and electrical tape. Looks very similar to the scene underneath the hood of my buddy's Camaro a while back. I ended up snagging a harness out of a Camaro in the junkyard. Made things alot easier.

Come on guys, we're getting warmer, but there's one GLARING violation that hasn't even been mentioned yet...and I left it on for the express purpose of being flamed for it.

Three other things I noticed. What the hell is that aluminum crap running by the passenger side manifold? The disconnected AC system, and the ignition box mounted on the firewall.

Comment

The aluminum "crap" is DEi heat sheathing for the fuel lines....came from trying to reduce fuel temps.

The A/C box.....looking for a non-A/C plate to eliminate that obtrusive POS.

The mounting location for the ign. box.....late-night install, not many places to mount it(the A/C box in the way of running wires inside of the car, wanted to mount it inside)

the "horned" water neck is the factory-issued unit....one that will be replaced this winter.

I gotta say this....the "other" site (and all of you)really inspired me to keep this thing and stay in the hobby....I've got a LOT of stuff to fix!

Thanks to all playing along...LOL

BTW, the one "glaring" violation hasn't been mentioned yet...keep looking!

Comment

The fact the bra is hiding the yellow nose?
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Still curious t see if Dave finds something we all missed. He seems to have the nose of a blood hound for these things... ;D

One thing I forgot to mention though. Beautiful car you have there tiresmoke, even if we are bagging on it. have you though about running block-hugger headers on it? It may not seem like a big deal now...until you have to pull the starter, then it's quite a bitch. If the starter ever goes out, I reccomend a "small starter" from an early to mid 90's 4.3 S-10. It's a gear reduction starter that fits quite nicely in that little space.

Comment

...or the bra, itself?

Comment

Thanks, HBS...it's a stinker, but it's MINE...LOL

The headers aren't as bad as you'd think.

Edelbrock really did their homework with the T.E.S. headers/Y-pipe......those are "shorty"-style headers, actually easier to get at the starter with them on than the stock manifolds/y-pipe.

I'll keep that starter suggestion in mind.

yeah, still haven't mentioned the one GLARING violation...left it on for the express purpose of a rousing bout of Violation game.

Brian must be on feeding patrol...otherwise I'd expect him in here roasting me as well!

Comment

Yeah, the bra is going the way of the Edsel soon....some flex primer and paint in an uncle's garage.

Comment

I'll keep that starter suggestion in mind.
                          Another suggestion is to install a starter solenoid. Sure cuts down on the heatsoak problem those starters are prone to. I have directions on how to do it if you want or need them.

Comment

Pine tree air freshener?
                            1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                            1997 Mustang GT
                            sigpic

Comment

Nope.

I use the vanilla scented ones, and only in my semi.

Come on, look closer....I'll give a hint:

It's on the outside

Comment

The white lettered tires!!! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X