X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *** "OFFICIAL" CarJunkie VIOLATION GAME ***

Originally posted by Remy-Z
    Have at it!
    Well, it's a Diplomat. Plus raised white letters and Walmart chrome-nugget wheels. The wheel-lip mouldings should have fallen off a long time ago. Credit for the stick, though!

Comment

Originally posted by V10Mercury

No real violations! Needs to be an inch lower in the front. If I was still at Car Craft I'd shoot a feature on that in a second.

Comment

IMO you can't really call violations on parts cars or junk you have not worked on yet. Violations are reserved for stuff the owner added (or neglected) and thinks is cool anyway. However, whoever owned that Cuda in a past life should be shot for the gold engine, among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

For example, I can't rip on Scott fopr the fact that the car is pretty beat. He knows it, he's made the most of it, and he'll deal with it if/when he can afford it. Plus the stick makes up for a lot. Meanwhile...
          - Raised white letters
          - Welds again...borderline
          - Late-model junkyard highbacks
          - Diamond-tuft door panels
          - Speakers in the door panels
          - Skull hanging from the dash
          - Chrome fan shroud
          - 383 valve-cover emblems
          - MSD placement

Comment

I got to ask...whats the beef with raised white letters?

Comment

No call on the braided steel PCV line?

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                Same question here. I think raised letter tires look good on older iron, provided the letters are clean anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  No call on the braided steel PCV line?

Brian
                  Good catch. I was trying to hit the highlights. Blue plug wires and red holders and purple carb are also in there.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
                    Same question here. I think raised letter tires look good on older iron, provided the letters are clean anyway...
                    I just can't get there yet. Unless they are Tiger Paws or Torque Twisters or other vintage bias-plies or letters spray-painted on a slick, it's just not hip again. Yet. They distract.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Slow
                      Okay, I'll go next on the chopping block. Do your worst!....have no mercy...
                      Lower it a foot and ditch the bedrails. Flip the tires black-out. And is that 2-inch exhaust?

Comment

I guess I could understand that...But I love them on certain cars....some cars IMO scream for RWL..l....

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive
                          I am positive that you guys will be able to sufficiently rip mine a new one. ;D

Two words....BLING BLING!!!
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Kudo's for DF being able to see this beater POS for what it is. I don't think he's been closer than 20 feet from it. Yes, it is capable of driving cross country, but it is definitely a rusted shit box with some dated crap on it.

These are not excuses, just letting you in on what's what.

For example, I can't rip on Scott fopr the fact that the car is pretty beat. He knows it, he's made the most of it, and he'll deal with it if/when he can afford it. Plus the stick makes up for a lot. Meanwhile...
                            - Raised white letters - Sorry, DF, but this is where I disagree with you. I still like letters.
                            - Welds again...borderline - Cragars, yes they are dated. Purchased 3/15/97. I'm requesting ideas for replacements.
                            - Late-model junkyard highbacks - Back savers, the original buckets were literally killing me on road trips. The frames were completely rusted out and I sold them for 4 times what I paid for the junker high backs.
                            - Diamond-tuft door panels - This crime was committed by a previous owner to replace rotted carpet. I'm happy I got all the stainless trim.
                            - Speakers in the door panels - Filling in the holes that came with diamond plate.
                            - Skull hanging from the dash - Former key chain that crushed my nads one too many times.
                            - Chrome fan shroud - Looking for replacement ideas here. But this chromed crime saved my radiator, hood and hoses when the fan decided to chuck two blades.
                            - 383 valve-cover emblems - Also purchased in 1997. I hated putting them on my new heads. Too broke to replace them yet.
                            - MSD placement - This is actually hiding two nice holes in the firewall left over from former dealer installed A/C that thankfully disappeared before I got the car.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

OMG is that TWEED..
                              my interior? mine is vinyl, the door panels are factory patterned vinyl .
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by mystie
                                Originally posted by ls7gto

ok do me , do me.....
                                Well the back seat is big enough if it didn't have all the crap back there. :P
                                Ba hahahahah
                                Reading , Pa
                                Good Guys rodders rep.
                                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                                X