*** "OFFICIAL" VIOLATION GAME THREAD***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *** "OFFICIAL" CarJunkie VIOLATION GAME ***

The wheels are dated and those big rear wheel wells are begging for 15x10's. You have such beautiful new top end on the completely paintless rusty engine block and heads. If you are feeling rambunctious, you could pull the motor and give a new paint job. Or, spend a lot of time to tape and mask, then paint it right where it is. I've done that on three different cars.

Great car. BTW.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THUNDERBIRD86
      Car looks dahm good just a few tweeks, try to find some poncho rally 2's they are pretty cheap and should be had at a swap meet add a little bigger rubber out back. Engine compartment, some black wires and ditch the fake brade stuff on the radiator hose and vacum line. Kinda a pain to do in the car but motor would look better pontiac blue. I realy like the body line stripe on the hood. Some of those SW muscle car gauges would look good instead of the gauge pod you have, but they are kinda pricey
      I thought steelies and poverty caps would look good, I would like to paint the engine, it would be a pain. Most of the stuff will have to stay as is for now unfortunately, after opening a new business and two major surgeries in the last year and a half, the cash flow is a trickle. I love the suggestions though.
      Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

I love the gren, and I aa HUGE fan of these wheels on pontiacs

agree with the comments...but overall I love that car.....

Comment

This thread was too fun to let die...how about this random eBay find.......

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            Mr. Gasket Street Scoop, anyone?

And for the record, carbs hidden inside fake blower cases and air cleaners that look like Enderle injection are among the least forgivable violations.
            Has anyone actually seen any of these installed on a car or truck ?

http://www.alsblowers.com/indexgpp.html

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
              This thread was too fun to let die...how about this random eBay find.......

I dont mind the 352 but the trunk art needs about 20 or 30 80 grit DA discs and a rattle can of primer. I like the shape of it. 4 door and everything its pretty cool for some reason. maybe i just like galaxies.

Comment

I'm late to this thread, but here's mine. Tear it up. The only pics I have right now.

To start - "Trucks aren't hot rods." ;D

Comment

SmallBlockJay: Would swap the front clip from a '80 or newer, but not 88-up Blazer-Jimmy-'Burban, paint the thing. I'd restore as much of the truck as possible, but do aftermarket rims/tires, and of course powertrain. It's why I love the '73-'87 platform so much, so much you can do with it.

OK, might as well throw in #3:

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    Mr. Gasket Street Scoop, anyone?

And for the record, carbs hidden inside fake blower cases and air cleaners that look like Enderle injection are among the least forgivable violations.
                    I resemble those remarks. It's so tacky it's awesome! At least it's on top of a supercharger...

No violation game on this one, it's not out of the garage yet.
                    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                      SmallBlockJay: Would swap the front clip from a '80 or newer, but not 88-up Blazer-Jimmy-'Burban, paint the thing. I'd restore as much of the truck as possible, but do aftermarket rims/tires, and of course powertrain. It's why I love the '73-'87 platform so much, so much you can do with it.

OK, might as well throw in #3:

You need under hood pictures to prove you need the headlight removal CAI trick.
                      Is the lack of center caps a weight saving game?
                      You're trying to lightweight on a Joesph Assoud car?
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Can't really do underhood pics from here, wish I could. Lack of center caps is for Bremerton Raceway's "no caps" rule...since they don't bolt on, they had to come off. I liked the look w/o them, kept them like that for a bit. As for the CAI trick, look in the center "block"...where the curve is on the left, is the tube. Leads from there to the airbox, to the supercharger.

Other than the color scheme, what's so different about an Abboud Regal? I just find it annoying as hell to keep scrubbing the rainwater mud off of his name on my floormats...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                          You want a real eye opener. Work as a tech guy for a month at a drag strip on test and tune nights.

You'll be amazed at how many people pull those caps off only to expose missing lug nuts! That was the most common reason we flunked people....missing lugs!

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                            You want a real eye opener. Work as a tech guy for a month at a drag strip on test and tune nights.

You'll be amazed at how many people pull those caps off only to expose missing lug nuts! That was the most common reason we flunked people....missing lugs!

Brian
                            I had a tech guy try and tell me the studs on my Firebird were insufficient because he thought the factory rims were aftermarket and I'd need longer studs > I called bull (as if the Pontiac emblem on the center cap wasn't obvious enough) and he let me go. At least I had all brand new lug nuts ;D

Looked just like this only the car was painted:
                            Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

(I'd post it as a picture but it's not shrunk down, and excuse the quality, its a disposable camera picture scanned in)
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay
                              To start - "Trucks aren't hot rods."
                              Actually it goes "3/4 ton trucks aren't hot rods"

The whole truck has that "I have an old truck that I drive to work, but I wanted to have some fun with it" ambiance....btdt, nothing wrong with it at all!
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
                                No violation game on this one, it's not out of the garage yet.
                                Like that'll stop this crew!
                                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                                X