*** "OFFICIAL" VIOLATION GAME THREAD***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *** "OFFICIAL" CarJunkie VIOLATION GAME ***

ROFL..."That Guy" at the car show...the guy who knows what's best for anyone's car.

The guy I chase around with a 7/8 wrench sometimes...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It's true that the opinionated schmucks never ever have a car in the show. Their fantastic cars are always still in the shop.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It is a lot easier to take criticism from somebody who knows what they are talking about, and who has at least one or several cars on the road.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I thought I'd post the improvements I have made since I submitted my car for violations.

This is how the exhaust was:

This is how it exits now. Much better, IMO.

I made a few changes in the engine bay. The fancy fabricated aluminum fan shroud has been unpolished. I hit it with some scotch-brite, and I feel that it looks better. I also put a fresh master cylinder in. The old one was really nasty cuz the cover was leaking. The new one was simply wiped down and clear-coated. Also installed L79 valve covers (thanks, 65 L79!). Can't be seen in this pic, but I got rid of the goofy flared fuel line and put in a proper AN fuel line from the pump to the carb. Still want to get some pipe bent up for radiator hoses.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I like the exhaust, looks great, engine bay looks great as well......

Comment

Look's damn good!

Comment

Tiresmoke wanted me to post some pictures for the violation game so here are some, have fun.

Comment

hard to tear up a car that hasnt been built yet...

Comment

As long as that car is at the intended ride hight for measuring and mock up, PERFECT. :D

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                      hard to tear up a car that hasnt been built yet...
                      Concur. My only concern at this point is the rat's nest of an under-hood wiring harness. Who the hell wired that thing anyway??? Is the rest of the wiring harness in the same condition?

Comment

2bbl carb and chrome valve covers can only work on a car like that

Hopefull when the rearend goes back in, the car will sit about 4-6" higher in back than in front. And hopefully it'll have 10" wide wheels in back. And the driver will have a shit-eating grin on his face every time he drives it, because it'll be a fun car!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          It's true that the opinionated schmucks never ever have a car in the show. Their fantastic cars are always still in the shop.
                          OOOHH.. This would be me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
                            Tiresmoke wanted me to post some pictures for the violation game so here are some, have fun.

Believe it or not, after running a rubber line from a gas can to the fuel pump(this is an economy model......no gas tank), that crusty-looking 318 actually runs! Runs pretty good, at that....no smoke.

The wiring was one of the first things I busted his chops over......he swears a Painless Wiring kit is on the roster(for his sake, it better be...)

Nice air shocks.....LMAO.
                            The receipts for that exhaust system are still in the console.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Rebel, I like the way you think.

Comment

My son has seen the violation thread, and asked me to post two cars in said thread...

Here's the first. Bear in mind that I actually like this car. It's a combo of a Tempest and an El Camino. Call it a Tempino if you will. The guy who originally owned it was a carpenter. It took him two years to get the body merging right. I'm curious on what changes you guys would make. I'd like to see if they are similar to mine

And this thing is an abomination that could be saved with work. I want to see if you see as many violations as I did, or some new ones I may have missed...

Comment

Working...
                                X