Is it wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wrong...

To want to jsut tin, rivit and bondo the holes in my car until I can get the scratch together to fix them right?

I was looking at it at lunch today and it is sickening to see all that cancer. I was can gets lots of thin aluminum and just counter sink the rivits a but and then slop on some bondo.....

with a severe case of ADD it is hard to focus on one thing...the car needs so much work in so many areas but those holes are one of the things that have kept me from really focusing on it...

Nothing like some air shocks and tin and rivits to bring out ones inner wester PA hillbilly....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

If the rest of the car was cherry perfect, yes it'd kinda be wrong.. Sorta...
    There is no right/wrong answer....
    It was like that on my 59 Chev flatbed lower corners at the rear of the cab.. Nobody really noticed it was riveted tin, painted over..
    If you can live with it... Go for it!

Comment

DO IT! I've had things like that hold me up. Screw perfect or any semblance of. Besides, bondo does fix all!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        DO IT! I've had things like that hold me up. Screw perfect or any semblance of. Besides, bondo does fix all!
        Done and done! Thats all I needed, a little reassurance that perfect dont mean jack...

Bondo, the great equilizer!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          What he said! Get it to the point you can drive it and worry about real metal later. It's not likley to get any worse in your climate anyway.
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            Done and done! Thats all I needed, a little reassurance that perfect dont mean jack...

Bondo, the great equilizer!
            Perfect? What's that? The Impala is a rusty bucket, but I still drive the snot out of it.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              Perfect? What's that? The Impala is a rusty bucket, but I still drive the snot out of it.
              HA! you aint seen rust bucket till youve seen the Fury...the only thing that makes mine look less rusty is maybe the Titanic...

Comment

yeah, just make sure to leave a drain hole on each side and it'll probably last forever
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  yeah, just make sure to leave a drain hole on each side and it'll probably last forever
                  I dont doubt it...it should be a fun project for me and the kids...like arts and crafts but bigger...and cooler LOL!

Comment

I installed drain holes on both sides of my Skylark when I was 16 and found rain water collected in the quarters. What I really need is new trunk weatherstripping, but I was fresh into cars and cured the effect rather than the cause.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

almost every 65 and 66 Fury you find that is not a south western car has the same exact body rot, just under the bac windows at the front edge of the left and right 1/4's. The window seals wore out, water collected and there are no visible drains in that area...perfect storm.

I have found whole cars for 1500 to 2000, but with finances the way they are...that aint gonna happen...there is a long roof for 1500 that would be a killer place to stab my engine and trans...but....unless I hit it big on the lotto...

gotta make do with what I got...

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        almost every 65 and 66 Fury you find that is not a south western car has the same exact body rot, just under the bac windows at the front edge of the left and right 1/4's. The window seals wore out, water collected and there are no visible drains in that area...perfect storm.

I have found whole cars for 1500 to 2000, but with finances the way they are...that aint gonna happen...there is a long roof for 1500 that would be a killer place to stab my engine and trans...but....unless I hit it big on the lotto...

gotta make do with what I got...
                        Hey now. I sent you a pic of a very rust free '66 Convert last weekend.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

yeah you did....rub salt in those wonds...its fun for you....I know....

Comment

bondo , screen and oatmeal ...patch it up and wind up the 383 beast around
                            no amatuer airmen with body work skills ?

Comment

of course you should fix it with bondo and aluminum. That way some snarky, 10 year old, magazine editor can rant about it in 50 years. Between now and then - be sure to add so rubber to the top of the fix in the normal way
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 28, 2013, 03:04 PM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X