Yesterday was Hump day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was Hump day!

My sister and brother-in-law took Camelot to a (competitro) station here in San Diego...

Dan I know you will like this!

That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Good thing Camelot is potty trained, and it didn't turn into dump day.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I'll "see" your hump day, and raise you a Bourbon Thursday. N.Y. steaks in Bourbon Peppercorn maridade for 3 days and baked beans (Bourbon & Brown Sugar). It's frikken Bourbon madness I say
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
        I'll "see" your hump day, and raise you a Bourbon Thursday. N.Y. steaks in Bourbon Peppercorn maridade for 3 days and baked beans (Bourbon & Brown Sugar). It's frikken Bourbon madness I say
        Be still my heart!
        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 29, 2013, 04:09 PM.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
          Good thing Camelot is potty trained, and it didn't turn into dump day.
          Treed, and I couldn't have said it so well. Right away I was thinking...oh boy, wonder if they show it when Hump does No. 2 on the carpet in the hallway.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You guys always have to poop-ify everything!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              You guys always have to poop-ify everything!
              Gail you should know as well as anyone that large animals "do do" that. That's what was so funny about the western movies and TV shows from the 60's. Tumbleweeds blowing around the town (the movie set), horses everywhere, and not a single turd in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                Gail you should know as well as anyone that large animals "do do" that. That's what was so funny about the western movies and TV shows from the 60's. Tumbleweeds blowing around the town (the movie set), horses everywhere, and not a single turd in sight.
                "do do" very clever!

Yes everything poops it is true, I have had those camels poop in front of a church full of people on occasion...

We used to have horse turd wars when I was a teenager...We were awful I guess.
                Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 29, 2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Here in Kansas cow pattys are called 'organic frisbees'........so Gail, I don't think you were awful.

BTW, it's a good thing the camel doesn't seem prone to kicking. That was a target rich environment if he/she was.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                    We used to have horse turd wars when I was a teenager...We were awful I guess.
                    Maybe not. One of the brain training classes I went to exposed the fact that we all talk about what is important to us. Involuntarily, unless you realize you are doing it. Every time you talk you are telling folks what's important to you.

We were at Maxton with Matt. There was a big crowd. They didn't pump out the Porta Pots on Saturday night. Sunday morning every one of them was running over. I went into one of them, and ohhhhhhh my. I came out of there and told Matt, "Man don't go into that one. There's the biggest longest widest sewer trout you've ever seen sitting right on top of the pile, right on the lid!"

Matt's eyes lit up with that grin of his - "Did you take a picture of it?"

Comment

I'll bring the discourse up a notch and get back to camels.

Camelot was a perfect gentleman (or lady - don't know which) and it was great fun. Does s/he know his/her Auntie Gail?

Thanks for posting this.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Here in Kansas cow pattys are called 'organic frisbees'........so Gail, I don't think you were awful.

BTW, it's a good thing the camel doesn't seem prone to kicking. That was a target rich environment if he/she was.
                        Camels don't kick like horses. They bite and spit.

Comment

Camelot is a perfect gentleman, all of their camels have been handled primarily by Gil who is an expert in the field. Loren and Tricia and I have worked camelot at Nativity Scenes at Christmas time, and he is just the sweetest thing. In and out of the trailer no problem, stand for hours on end...One time I was with Gil and someone else, us and the camels were all dressed up in wise man finery. We had to lead them in to a church, have the churches wisemen get on board and then go down to the "stage" in the front were we had them cush down and eventually stand back up. All the camels did great. It was a cold day outside though and between shows Camel would lay down so I threw a blanket over him and me because I was freezing!

Camels do bite and spit and definately kick but like any animal if they are handled properly and taught boundries and manners they are much more amenable to being handled.

Comment

As a hard-core animal lover I envy you your camel time. I know and love horses and dogs but not much outside of those two species. Give Camelot and his buddies a hug (or ear rub or whatever they like) from Uncle Dan when you see him.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X