X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have friends just as long as I'm bending

Hey Loren - think this will work?

$700
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 30, 2013, 04:59 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Feeding it raw metal to bend will be the tough part!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Benders gonna bend.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        Benders gonna bend.
        Hmmmmm.....thin ice here.......
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well, sometimes you use a 5 lb sledge to hammer a nail.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Sweet...you did it! Everybody should have a press brake.

Interesting flat plate deal it has there...with that you can do some great sheet metal embossing by cutting masonite into shapes with a jigsaw and using for dies, designs you could never do with a bead roller. Presumably with the plates removed it still has the usual grooves for American-style tooling ("Hey Pops, got any old bolsters/dies you're not using?")

Don't tip that top-heavy b*tch over getting it off the trailer (ughh!), if a forklift isn't handy I like to chain stuff down to a pair of railroad ties and then slide it or roll it on peeler cores.

Three-phase? (Insert evil laugh here...)

I like the No Parking sign ("cars parked here will be used for parts").

Comment

That right there is a serious man tool. Eager to see it up and running. Now if only you lived next door.......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                That right there is a serious man tool. Eager to see it up and running. Now if only you lived next door.......

Dan
                You can move to the Seattle area.... Lots to see up there!
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 31, 2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Sweet...you did it! Everybody should have a press brake.

Interesting flat plate deal it has there...with that you can do some great sheet metal embossing by cutting masonite into shapes with a jigsaw and using for dies, designs you could never do with a bead roller. Presumably with the plates removed it still has the usual grooves for American-style tooling ("Hey Pops, got any old bolsters/dies you're not using?")

Don't tip that top-heavy b*tch over getting it off the trailer (ughh!), if a forklift isn't handy I like to chain stuff down to a pair of railroad ties and then slide it or roll it on peeler cores.

Three-phase? (Insert evil laugh here...)

it does have the grooves - that was the one bit I was a bit concerned about when I bought it... but nope, they're there, just unbolt the plates
                  funny about the dies - I never mentioned dies to my dad; and when I sent him the picture after I'd picked it up he said "I think I have some dies you can have"

3 phase, but don't have 3 phase at my house.... no worries, a single phase motor isn't has as expensive as I originally thought

My original removal thought started with my bobcat....problem is two-fold, 1) the bobcat probably couldn't lift one end of that brake without flipping; and 2) even if it could, I don't think to door is tall enough to lift from the top and get it inside...

my plan is to do what you've suggested... roll it on some schedule 40 pipe into the shop. Believe it or not, this one isn't as top heavy as my dad's....

the other thought is to dig some temporary holes in the driveway, then roll it into the shop.... I only have to go down maybe a foot and that's pretty easy to do with the bobcat... then pull it off with my 12k winch. Once it's in the shop, I have rollers that I can use to move it to where it will rest....

in short, an adventure awaits

Comment

it's in the shop - that was harder than it had to be.... ugh, pictures at 11

Comment

Any blood?
                      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by NightShifter
                        Maybe you can use it to straighten the axles on your trailer now.... F'n thing's a monster.
                        then you should see my dads.... hmmm, I might have a picture

*edit, I do have a picture... you can see the end of it on the semi I pulled out of a hole

and I'm just getting my money's worth out of that trailer... paid $300.00 for it - and I think overpaid - it's now a $700 trailer because I had to put new tires on it.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 1, 2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                          Any blood?
                          nope, nor abrasions, nor contusions, nor broken bones.... I did get grief from my wife, the mechanical engineer, who said I couldn't do it

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                            Me too, so much I made one for fellow Bangshifters to print...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ufps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	872093

Comment

lol @ sign

pictures

I love my badass Chinese made winch... it has a cordless remote. I figured I'd have to use the snatch block to pull it into the shop and then do it 1/2 at a time.... oh hell no, it pulled the entire thing into the shop in basically one, long pull. not even smoking at the end....

The winch is american designed, chinese made for an american company - so the quality is right, as is the price (1/4 a warn)

Comment

Working...
                              X