Sharing a Bangshifty memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a Bangshifty memory

As this is labor day weekend I think about labor day 2001 and one of the best times I have ever had working on a car. It all started with my great friend Ben (whom is going on drag week with me this year) had a 1976 El Camino that he had tried some unguided body work on with less then great results. My Dad seeing this rattle canned POS and being a guy that knew more than a thing or two about body work felt help was needed (or the car did not need to be in his driveway). On Friday the Elky was brought in and the 3 of us attacked. We sealed it sunday before going to a local oval track with plans to paint monday. After dad had a few beers at the race we got home at midnight and it was paint time. We were cruising monday night. It is great to remember Dad mixing paint with a cigar hanging from his mouth and how much he liked doing quickie paint jobs and kinda shitty cars.

thats awsum, i could of used you guys while I was attempting surface rust removal on my DD
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Great story.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NightShifter
        Reminds me of the time I went to a garage sale and the dude was all taped up from having open heart surgery with a cig hanging from his mouth and a can of bud in his hand. Can't think of a better reason to have a garage sale, can you?
        $$ for more beer and ciggys?

Comment

That and it was the easiest way to avoid hospital bills.
          Yeah, pass that responsibility to the next of kin. It'll come out of the estate, if there is one.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

His wife was really ugly too, give the man a break...
            It's not my fault he married ugly. Maybe he was trapped by her and was trying to get away any way he could.
            Last edited by 68scott385; September 1, 2013, 12:20 AM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

What kind of shit is this? Everyone knows how it goes after the first kid...
              and you buy that line?
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Reminds me of the time I went to a garage sale and the dude was all taped up from having open heart surgery with a cig hanging from his mouth and a can of bud in his hand. Can't think of a better reason to have a garage sale, can you?
                about as bad as my dad. he just has a beer once and while, staples holding a lung shut.

The memories have not ended, Ijust put bulldozer mufflers on his 550 cat yesterday.

the last decade he's had this peculiar routine of ending with a whispering 100hp gain on his rigs. I'll call it genius for years to come (and the guys that work it with him). The seeming never ending pursuit , complaints and even bordering insane...

get it done.

To the ops post, the patience for paint and making beautiful is tough for even a stone cold sober body man..that is a cool story.

my own project is pile of bumpy extreme urethane, and it ended up being this cars entity of opinion anyway (always has been).
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 1, 2013, 08:23 AM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Awesome story Shawn. The names and circumstances may change, but working with and learning from one's dad is usually a great thing
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                  X