Don't Shoot a Pellet Gun in This Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Shoot a Pellet Gun in This Neighborhood

So Matt came over and camped here at Weeville yesterday and we had an always fun as could be time, just like every single time ever. How can two supposedly grown folks laugh so much for hours on end?

We shot bad pool and then went and sat on the back porch smoking and drinking and making the clock spin around like an Indy car engine.

At one point just in passing, Matt said, "I think I might get a pellet gun." Oh yeah? You WANT one? Here ya go, left over from trying to shoot turtles on the lake in SC. I even had a can of pellets to go with it. I'll never shoot it again, not here for sure.

So the pellet can was just about rusted shut, so I gave Matt tow pairs of channel locks.

Picture this. I had handed matt the pellet rifle, a can of ammo and to two tools to open the can of ammo. The whole time I had "no idea" that he might actually shoot the gun. As Matt pointed out, "You gave me the keys."

So he shot the gun out there toward the corner of the fence and then pointed out that we have a lot of targets right there on the table (empty beer cans).

Yeah, okay. So off I go across the yard with an empty beer can to set it up for Matt to target shoot (what was I THINKING?!?!?)_ when there the neighbor and his wife hanging over the rail on their deck. Glarin. At ME.

They haven't come out of the house since they moved in last year. They just don't. No, they were on a crime scene investigation. Shooting in the neighborhood.

As soon as I saw them, I took a different hold on the empty beer can, acting like that was the one I was drinking, and strayed over by the fence, sort of looking over the back of the fence and kicking at the bunny hole under the gate.

Neighbor said, "Got critters?" I said yeah, rabbits. He said, "We've got 15 of them."

And they went back in the house and Matt and I laughed about that for the rest of the evening. He SO wanted to shoot that gun again. I kept both feet on it, right there on the porch floor.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You spilled beer on it too. That was some really bad pool "shooting" last night! Great time as always.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

[QUOTE=Orange95Z;803888]You spilled beer on it too. QUOTE]

I sure did - twice in fact. And it was cleaner after that. Hey, you don't want a beer stained pellet gun? Give it back.

No, on second though, just keep it.

Comment

Why I always cover my guns when taking them to the car...
        Damn nosey tree huggers!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Why I always cover my guns when taking them to the car...
          Damn nosey tree huggers!
          Matt didn't even kill a tree with that one pellet shot. He killed a fence. That tree was already dead. Some folks just can't mind their own business I reckon!

Comment

lol. I would of gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky neighbors.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

trouble makers...
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                trouble makers...
                Yep. Exactly what I was thinking last night. Between less coherent thoughts of SWAT teams with guns drawn.

You can't tell that pellet gun from any other from a hundred feet away. I was trying to call Superman's cell phone across the street one day last week - all the kids were congregating in their driveway, guns. Military looking guns. Big black long rifle guns with scopes. Semi-automatic looking guns. Scary looking guns. Kids. Guns. Big guns. What thu?!?!?!?

Paint ball guns.

Comment

Working...
                X