How to remove an engine in 10 seconds or less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to remove an engine in 10 seconds or less

Some time ago I saw a similar vehicle that removed engines like that, but that vehicle was more crude than the one above. Could've come straight out of a horror-movie.
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I find it pointless...if you rip stuff apart the way that thing does it destroys tons of usable parts...the transaxles are destroyed...if you just want to destroy vehicles you can accomplish the same thing with a bulldozer...in todays aluminum motor world ripping and tearing engines out is just a waste

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

yea but there are guys that shred cars and motors give the shredder indigestion!

and they don't care about saving parts it is going to get melted down so it don't matter to them

which is a shame in my book .to much good stuff getting destroyed .price of scrap metal is the driving force. why hassle with selling a 6-7 hundred beater when you can scrap it for 500 and less hassle ..don't agree with the mentality but that is what is happening

Comment

As long as it is late model crap they're scrapping it's ok. These cars where ment to be recycled.
            The problem today is most fokls suddenly see a bag of money in their 40 year old Detroit iron, instead a nostalgic relic or piece of American history.
            The USA is losing it's vintage (mostly salvagable) automotive stock in a great hurry these days.
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Well I guess if they are just shredder cars it makes some sense to me...being a scrapper at heart I save every good part for resale

Comment

They call me a pack rat...... till they need something

Comment

I got a call a few years back from a guy who lived about 15 miles away...he said "I heard you were the guy to talk to about AMC's"...I told him well I have had a few over the years...he said I just got married and my new wife wants me to get rid of the junk cars I got outback...I said "what ya got!!!"...he said oh just some old Ambassadors...we set up a chance to meet and when I arrived he takes me out back of his house...where the weeds are 10 feet high...as I pick threw Ambassadors begin materializing like cars out of a fog...1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9...9 68-71 Ambassadors all mostly complete...so I worked a deal and bought em all...for 300.00!!...made out pretty well on that deal

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
                    Well I guess if they are just shredder cars it makes some sense to me...being a scrapper at heart I save every good part for resale
                    Notice that behind all of those cars was a large metal box. The stuff that goes in there ends up in liquid form. If you're using that thing, saving parts is low on the priority scale and with the price of scrap steel climbing it more $$ and less hassle to send the stuff to the foundry.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
                      I find it pointless...if you rip stuff apart the way that thing does it destroys tons of usable parts...the transaxles are destroyed...if you just want to destroy vehicles you can accomplish the same thing with a bulldozer...in todays aluminum motor world ripping and tearing engines out is just a waste
                      Pointless? Yes, but fun to watch. :D

Comment

fun to watch until you see it happen to a car you need parts off of. :o

Comment

Working...
                        X